advice on fixing blood test results (pics of results)

NAILBOMB
looking for opinions. Ive been around here for long enough to know that we have some intelligent and experienced members.

Im 38.

Just competed in my first BB show recently. I made the finals and placed. I have an outstanding coach as well. Followed his diet, training and cycle advice

I did a 6 month prep. Started at 5%BF and 185lbs. Bulked up to 205 and held under 5% at that weight. Had to come down below 198.25 to make the LT Heavy class.
Cycle was pretty big for these parts... Ill list it but please dont fill this up with "thats too much gear.." Maybe maybe not. I accept the risks and do what I can to be as healthy as i can.

I was on legit TRT before i started @200mg/wk.

then the bulk cycle was
1g test (e and c switched to c after 3 months)
800mg DECA
50mg dbol first 4 weeks
50mg DROL i got a blood test after being off dbol 7 days. liver values were good to go so started drol 10 days after dbol

At the ten week point i added EQ 800mg/wk
stopped deca at 12 weeks

from week 12-21
1g test
800EQ

cut cycle aprox 5 weeks
T3 50mcg/day
100mg var
75mg winny oral
700mg mast prop
800mg test prop
No tren. wanted it but wasn't happy with what i could get so i chose not to use any. Train hard follow a good diet and it is possible to compete amateur without tren. Next time I will use it though.

Ran Us pharm Adex @ .5mg ED the entire cycle.

These labs are 2 weeks post show. I stopped everything for 3 whole days. Then began 200mg test c EOD and 200mg test prop EOD. Stopping the prop after 4 weeks. I am letting the long ester catch up.

Im running 12.5 aromasin ED and obviously that is not enough. My estro is a little high. Ill bump that up to 3/4 of a pill and go from there.

My cholestorol has been really good, this is the first blood test it is not. Honestly I dont think its that bad but i do want to compete again in 6-8 months and I do not want to start a new cycle, training and diet until i can fix it.

Liver values... I trained legs very hard 2 days prior and I was hurting bad but still the value is much higher than I feel it should be. I take 1200mg NAC ED.

The thyroid makes me nervous. Ive used t3 before and bloods came back fine until now. I do not know where to go from here. Iodine? see a doc?

The others that are low or high are new to me as well. im thinking more iron and B complex injections?

I know that 800mg/wk is a little high to cruise on, on this board. Im still reasearching and im here to learn more. If must drop the dose I will but again please dont beat me up about it.

I am holding 190lbs and my coach just measured me at 4.9%bf. Not bad for 38 and third real cycle ever. dropping the dose to me would be down to trt level 200mg/wk and thats not going to let me keep the lbs and bf like i have.

Any opinion and or advice on what I can do to fix up my labs is appreciated.

View attachment 559442View attachment 559443

so running 800mg reguarly for a long time is a no no.. getting down to 200mg is much smarter..

what are your goals for the next 6-8 months?? i know you want to do a show but where do you need improvement?

if you have a coach and you like him stick to what he recommends... unless he is recommending you stay on high test dosages for that long.. lol

the next goal is to compete in the heavyweight class at 225lbs.

Keeping as lean as possible while bulking is the biggest goal, keeping the abs so they can be seen just barley is fat enough. Biggest improvements need to be upper chest, hamstrings and biceps.
None of these are horrible though.

I do have time I do not have to start the next bulk cycle right away, but i would like to. I feel great and ready to train hard but I need to take care of the HDL and thyroid.

My coach didn't recommend anything for a cruise, i never asked about it either. Also i just got the results and dont see him for a couple more weeks. I am sticking with him, he is waiting on me to tell him when Id like to start again.

If i went to him and said im @200mg/wk he would adjust my diet and training to work with that until we start the next round.

the next goal is to compete in the heavyweight class at 225lbs.

Keeping as lean as possible while bulking is the biggest goal, keeping the abs so they can be seen just barley is fat enough. Biggest improvements need to be upper chest, hamstrings and biceps.
None of these are horrible though.

I do have time I do not have to start the next bulk cycle right away, but i would like to. I feel great and ready to train hard but I need to take care of the HDL and thyroid.

My coach didn't recommend anything for a cruise, i never asked about it either. Also i just got the results and dont see him for a couple more weeks. I am sticking with him, he is waiting on me to tell him when Id like to start again.

If i went to him and said im @200mg/wk he would adjust my diet and training to work with that until we start the next round.
are you trying to make something of this bodybuilding?? as in, are you attempting to go pro?? do you want to make a living off it??

You need to take more NAC for your liver and bump up your AI dose slightly to get your E2 down.

Right im upping my ai dose and NAC, i mentioned that about the AI. I will do it in the morning. If i up the AI tonight ill be up pissing all night while i de-bloat.

My main concern is HDL and how to get it back into range.
AND
my thyroid results. I do not understand enough about what it is telling me. Its not to far out of range i would like to know what i can do about it. What i have found researching isn't helping me understand whats going on and what i should to do to attempt to fix it.

are you trying to make something of this bodybuilding?? as in, are you attempting to go pro?? do you want to make a living off it??

I do not like to spout off about going for a pro card but yes that is the ultimate goal. First things first, I need to win, to dominate a local NPC show first. Then yes competing for a pro card.

I should say that I had planned on starting up diet, training and cycle on the 1st of Nov pending the blood test results. Now those results are in my face and i need to take care of it.

As far as making a living off BB.. that would be awesome but not what i am counting on for future income. Getting a pro card? Hell yes, but first things first. I'm sure that there are plenty of card carrying pros that don't make a dime directly from bodybuilding. I have good income and support to accomplish my goals.

I am a USMC vet and other than The United States Marine Corps. the 6 months of meal prepping, training, learning to pose, cardio and getting on stage was by far one of the most difficult, demanding and rewarding things I've ever done. Much respect to anyone who has ever done it. I want more and will have more.

Thank you for your responses.

Last edited:
Your HDL is fine, considering how low your total cholesterol is. I would not worry about your HDL nor consider any treatment for that (statins). There are also clinical data from the past 2 years showing definitively that drugs that simply raise your HDL have no protective value for risk of CV disease. So you are totally good to go on the cholesterol results (pretty healthy in my book!)

Back