Affliction "banned" Fighter Salaries Hit $3.3 Mil

Eze

MAIN EVENT FIGHTERS

– Fedor Emelianenko ($300,000/no win bonus) def. Tim Sylvia ($800,000)

MAIN CARD FIGHTERS

– Andre Arlovski ($750,000/$250,000 win bonus) def. Ben Rothwell ($250,000)

– Josh Barnett ($300,000/no win bonus) def. Pedro Rizzo ($70,000)

– Mark Hominick ($10,000/win bonus was $5,000) def. Savant Young ($7,000)

– Renato “Babalu” Sobral ($90,000/win bonus was $30,000) def. Mike Whitehead ($50,000)

– Matt Lindland ($300,000/win bonus was $75,000) def. Fabio “Negao” Nascimiento ($20,000)

– Antonio Rogerio Nogueira ($50,000/no win bonus) def. Edwin Dewees ($15,000)

– Mike Pyle ($20,000/win bonus was $5,000) def. J.J. Ambrose ($5,000)

PRELIMINARY CARD FIGHTERS

– Vitor Belfort ($140,000/win bonus was $70,000) def. Terry Martin ($30,000)

– Paul Buentello ($80,000/win bonus was $20,000) def. Gary Goodridge ($25,000)

– Justin Levens ($6,000) vs. Ray Lizama ($3,000)*

*Bout did not take place. Total pay was negotiated.

AFFLICTION “BANNED” DISCLOSED FIGHTER PAYROLL: $3,321,000

Did anyone see Mark Hominick call out Donald Trump for sponsorship? It was classic!!!

I could see Trump throwing him some cash because he had to balls to ask him on national TV

I can't believe the discrepancy between Sylvia and Fedor's pay. I know it's because Americans already knew Sylvia but now everyone knows Fedor > Jesus.

Guys like you and I know who Fedor is because we follow MMA outside of the UFC.

Anyone who watches UFC knows who Sylvia is because of his UFC days. Sylvia draws in the majority of fans through his UFC popularity and Fedor draws in the real MMA fans because they know he is bad ass and was going to kill Sylvia.

I bet Fedor sees more than $300,000

I could have sworn that Fedor's original expected pay day when the fight was in the works was like 1mil...?? Was I dreaming that????
Fedors pay should have been much larger, especially considering the $$$ he left on the table after the UFC talks fell apart.

I heard Fedor was around 1M and Tim was $800K. Apparently the rumors were wrong.

But, 300K isn't bad for 36 second of work. On the other hand, I get in the ring with Fedor for $800K

i wonder what fedor was turning down to fight couture in the ufc.

the article I read awhile back regarding the Fedor/UFC talks was around a 1.8-2mil dollar contract but I'm sure that was over 4-6 fights. I heard Fedor walked away because he wanted to be able to still fight in Russia plus UFC wanted exclusive marketing rights to Fedor while he was under contract.. or something like that.

Fedor wanted to compete in combat sambo as well as MMA and the UFC wouldn't let him. I believe that was one of the contract issues.

interesting how staying out of the UFC has led to his payday being less than half of the piece of shit silvia that he handily destroyed.

im sure his next payday will be 1 mill + and if he wins it'll go up from there, long as the PPV #'s are high enough

interesting how staying out of the UFC has led to his payday being less than half of the piece of shit silvia that he handily destroyed.

He made more than 300k. It just comes from something they don't have to officially list, for example a lot of people were speculating Fedor and Barnett had a portion of the ppv profits in their contracts.

the ufc will stand in the way of many big fights happening.just for example fedor said he would like to fight cutoure in his next fight.well randy cant fight him because he had signed his life away to the ufc and if he would fight outside of the ufc they would sue the hell out of him.this is fucking stupid the way that ufc wants to have complete control over all of the people who fight for them it is like a chess game and the fighters are the pawns.

Fedor Made 1.6 Million For Affliction: Banned

Yesterday, a very reliable source informed Fightline.com that Fedor Emelianenko received a "substantial" bonus before his fight with Tim Sylvia.

Today, Fightline.com has learned that the bonus was 1.3 million dollars, putting Emelianenko's final take at 1.6 million dollars. That's quite substantial.

Eyebrows were raised when the California State Athletic Commission released the promotions payouts and it was revealed that Emelianenko ($300,000) received less than half of what his opponent Tim Sylvia ($800,000) received; this after Fedor demolished Sylvia in under a minute.

Emelianenko's bonus plus his base salary coupled with securing advertising for M-1 Global and the rights to his fight footage in Europe possibly represents a very sweet deal for the popular Russian fighter and certainly one of the best deals for a single fight in MMA history.

Back