all the homebrews can be sterilized by temperature? includin deca por test enanthate?

theconan

i really dont know if i could heat the finished gear untill 140ºC for 30 minutes without oxidizemy stuff...
deca, and test enanthate for example have a really low melting point, but i cant find info about the temperature in wich the roids starts to denaturalize or oxidize... anyone are sterilizing without problems?
any advice?
tnx

You can bake in the oven for 180C for 15mins, done that once. But if you filtered your gear right there's no need at all, even if you're using cooking oil.

i really dont know if i could heat the finished gear untill 140ºC for 30 minutes without oxidizemy stuff...
deca, and test enanthate for example have a really low melting point, but i cant find info about the temperature in wich the roids starts to denaturalize or oxidize... anyone are sterilizing without problems?
any advice?
tnx

Baking is a BS way of trying to do it... use a .22por STERILE Filter then an autoclave.

You can bake in the oven for 180C for 15mins, done that once. But if you filtered your gear right there's no need at all, even if you're using cooking oil.

180C for 15min isn't going to do anything towards sterility.

Baking is a BS way of trying to do it... use a .22por STERILE Filter then an autoclave.

^^^this. Since not many people have access to autoclaves you could always use a pressure cooker instead

old thread, but i wanna ask about it.. why does 180 degree C not do anything for sterility?

It does, but some bacteria (and perhaps fungus) have a hard shell called a spore that allow them to endure extreme temperature and other harsh conditions.

Here is a chart that lists the temperature required to kill certain bacteria:

Notice that the 2nd bacteria Bacillus anthracis needs to be heated at 140C for 3 hours for it to be destroyed!

hec_chart_bacteria.png

I have a degree in biomed, and i have done live testing, cultures and whatnot on most ''normal'' living microorganisms, the ones we normally find around, and most of them die when heated at 60 degrees for 20 minutes- and all of them die when heated at water boiling point 100 degrees for 15.

Bacillus anthracis is Anthrax... you have a BIG problem if you have to deal with this one ;P

Great answers, what about uv light for oils that have rum temperatur melting point , what happens if you put the oil under a uv light to kill anything that might have survived? let say you dont want to filter , i know filtering is very effective but lets just say,,you want to use uv light. does it effect the oil in some way?

Back