alligator meat

bigggdoggg

Has enyone here put alligator meat into there diet its low in fat no carbs and really high in protien.And it tastes awesome

oh yeah you know...i just strole down to the local grocery store and pick myself up some alligator meat, along with some kangaroo and polar bear. good stuff.

LMAO.

just kidding biggdogg...just giving you a hard time. but seriously, where do you get alligator meat? that shits gotta be so expensive. Ill stick to tuna and chicken. But I do love Buffalo, but i eat it maybe once ever 5 yrs.

Basically all animal meat shoud be good, but this is the first time i hear about aligators. What is that meat like? White like chicken and turkey, or red like a cow?

I used to by it at my regular grocery store. $9.99lb. I think it tastes like a cross between chicken and shrimp.

Onswoll said:
oh yeah you know...i just strole down to the local grocery store and pick myself up some alligator meat, along with some kangaroo and polar bear. good stuff.

LMAO.

just kidding biggdogg...just giving you a hard time. but seriously, where do you get alligator meat? that shits gotta be so expensive. Ill stick to tuna and chicken. But I do love Buffalo, but i eat it maybe once ever 5 yrs.

Unfortunately it's not very readily available in most states except Florida, Georgia Missisipi and Alabama at least thats the only plae I have tried it.

I believe you can still buy Cougar meat threw Cabelas magazine try that on for size.

Last edited:
Alligator meat is good. I've tried a quite a few types of meat such as: kangaroo, alligator, crocidile, emu, and camel. Croc was my favorite.

I love it. Last time I was in New Orleans (Pats Superbowl) I had alligator gumbo, alligator sausage, alligator omelet, fried alligator, etc, etc.

Oh yeah....I drank so much I needed rotator cuff surgery when I got back.

Gumbo

yak meat looks pretty decent

Healthier to eat than skinless chicken and most fish!! Yes, that's right!! This naturally ultralean dark red meat ( 95% to 97% fat free) is very juicy due to it's high percentages of Omega 3 oils, CLA's ( Conjugated Linoleic Acids ), Oleic Acids,and Stearic Acids, ( 35% higher than beef as a percentage of fats that are good for us ).At the same time, Yak meat is very low in Palmitic Acid which is bad for us ( 30% less than beef as a percentage of fats, and 120% less than beef as a percentage of meat ). Yak remains higher in protein, solids, minerals, and vitamins than beef; while scoring much lower in saturated fats, cholesteral, triglycerides, and calories than beef !!

http://www.yakmeat.us/mountain.html

Back