American Academy of Anti-aging Medicine

yzfrr11

Are there any A4M members on this forum? I am a new to Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) and I just started a regimen 6 weeks ago. I myself am a physician, and I have become intrigued with this field.

I have been considering becoming A4M board certified. Is this a worthwhile endeavor? Is A4M a highly regarded board?

I don't think it would be a bad idea, it would be nice to hear the viewpoints of others in the field.

I do alot of reading on their site, and agree with a lot of their views. I also like how they feel about diagnosing AGHD, and prescribing GH :)

what is your protocol?

as far as business goes, it would be a good idea if you plan on prescribing Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) yourself, that way, following the guidelines, you could steer clear of any scrutiny.

Welcome to the board. It's great to have more docs around and honestly I love the fact that you are trying to learn about this subject. With that said, we have so many guys who come here frustrated because the see their doc who is not up to date on hrt/trt and end up feeling worse then before.

It's a growing field and much more widely accepted in mainstream and I don't see how it wouldn't be worth while especially if you really know how to treat the symptoms. The majority of guys are not looking for a legal cycle and really need help but get pushed into the cream that does not work well and cause greater conversion to estro. Most docs also don't want to look at E2 levels and control that because they believe testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) doses will not increase estro but that's not true in all people. Factors such as body fat percentage can effect estro conversion.

We also have a testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) forum here that you may find helpful and hope you stick around.

what is your protocol?

I'm on Tcyp, Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG), and an Aromatase inhibitor (AI). Feeling GREAT btw. My Ttot and LH were both low pre-treatment. I'm planning on checking a set of labs in a few weeks to see where I'm at. My %BF is very low so I'm not sure I really am going to need the Aromatase inhibitor (AI) - we'll see.

as far as business goes, it would be a good idea if you plan on prescribing Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) yourself, that way, following the guidelines, you could steer clear of any scrutiny.

I agree. At this point, my practice is way to busy to incorporate anti-aging medicine. But, I might consider giving advice and prescribing regimens for small circle of select associates.

I agree. At this point, my practice is way to busy to incorporate anti-aging medicine. But, I might consider giving advice and prescribing regimens for small circle of select associates.

im always glad to see a doctor improving his knowledge and getting the facts instead of the media driven hype.

welcome

With that said, we have so many guys who come here frustrated because the see their doc who is not up to date on hrt/trt.

I totally agree. Before I came here, I talked to a few docs (endo, Uro) in the hospital that I practice. They for the most part are totally clueless regarding Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT). But in their defense, their practice is really not focused on anti-aging medicine.

check this link out'

steroidology.com/forum/anabolic-steroid-forum/606945-testosterone-treatment-depression.html

That's actually a very important study for a few reasons.

"Synthetic testosterone, is readily available, inexpensive, and relatively low in adverse side effects when use at a therapeutic dose."

This statement is key - the fact that there is way more money to be made by the pharmaceutical industry by peddling their new, high tech patented anti-depressant rather than repleting a hypo-gonadal male's testosterone is a pity. All these men are going through life with their symptoms being masked rather than the underlying pathology being uncovered and addressed.

That's actually a very important study for a few reasons.

"Synthetic testosterone, is readily available, inexpensive, and relatively low in adverse side effects when use at a therapeutic dose."

This statement is key - the fact that there is way more money to be made by the pharmaceutical industry by peddling their new, high tech patented anti-depressant rather than repleting a hypo-gonadal male's testosterone is a pity. All these men are going through life with their symptoms being masked rather than the underlying pathology being uncovered and addressed.

drug companys own the soul of a LOT of doctors bro .

drug companys own the soul of a LOT of doctors bro .

yea its sad, they claim all these heart issues with testosterone replacement therapy (TRT), when in fact anti d's will prolly give you a heart attack in the long run and more than likely suppress your endogenous T further.

Back