Amps Or Vials? Which Is Better For A Rookie???

Texas Ranger said:
Guys, in YOUR opinion, which is better for someone new to gear to handle? Amps? Or vials?

Well as far as handling and opening and what not It would be vile’s I guess especially if you never opened an amp before. And I’m not saying it’s that difficult it’s just a bit tricky at first till you get the nack. as long as you deff trust your source cuzz they say amps are more difficult to counterfeit than A vile is.

Amps are superior IMO because of their sterility... This is of small concern though, just go with the cheapest you can find.

Amps are a bit more 'challenging' since you need to open them. Personally, I kinda like the amp ritual. Some filing, a nice snapping sound, tilting the amp slightly to get the last drop out.

Texas Ranger said:
Guys, in YOUR opinion, which is better for someone new to gear to handle? Amps? Or vials?

I don't think it matters but if I had to choose I would say vials would be best... for the simple fact that amps could possibly be a little tricky for a rookie and some don't realize you really NEED to use a FILTER needle everytime you draw from an amp and then change the needle when injecting.

JayC said:
I don't think it matters but if I had to choose I would say vials would be best... for the simple fact that amps could possibly be a little tricky for a rookie and some don't realize you really NEED to use a FILTER needle everytime you draw from an amp and then change the needle when injecting.

Jay I never heard that what's the reason for useing A filter incase you get a bit of glass in there?

rocko419 said:
Jay I never heard that what's the reason for useing A filter incase you get a bit of glass in there?

YEP! ..it's basic knowledge in the medical field but not alot of peep's realize it outside of that. Evertime you snap an amp you not only run the risk of small glass shards falling in but tiny glass particles automatically fall in just about everytime. Using a filter needle to draw eliminates any possibility of drawing them into the syringe. It's an ABSOLUTE MUST/PROTOCOL when making IV prep's but is accepted as standard practice anytime amps are used. Plus the filter needles are about the same price. One of those better safe then sorry. I would say most guys who get sore, red, swollen, or absesses while using amps, this is the REASON!... i'm 99% positive!

JayC said:
YEP! ..it's basic knowledge in the medical field but not alot of peep's realize it outside of that. Evertime you snap an amp you not only run the risk of small glass shards falling in but tiny glass particles automatically fall in just about everytime. Using a filter needle to draw eliminates any possibility of drawing them into the syringe. It's an ABSOLUTE MUST/PROTOCOL when making IV prep's but is accepted as standard practice anytime amps are used. Plus the filter needles are about the same price. One of those better safe then sorry. I would say most guys who get sore, red, swollen, or absesses while using amps, this is the REASON!... i'm 99% positive!
Wow! I had no idea. So, you would draw with a filter needle from the amp. Then, switch the filter needle and replace it with the needle you are going to pin with, right?

Texas Ranger said:
Wow! I had no idea. So, you would draw with a filter needle from the amp. Then, switch the filter needle and replace it with the needle you are going to pin with, right?

Yes, you got it!! Simple and could possibly avoid unwanted soreness or an abscess. I prefer vials but if I end up with amps, I use the BD 19G filter needle.
This is not a source but a link as an example of what they look like. It's basically your regular drawing needle but has a 5 micron filter built in.

http://www.rxzone.us/product.cfm/rx/BD-305200-19G-Filter-Needles-100-Needles-665976.html

Back