Anavar vs estrogen therapy to cure my problem

buffchic

Hi everyone!
I am new to this forum, I've read a lot of posts here however I couldn't find anyone else who had the same problem as me so I hope someone will be able to help me :)

I'm 20 yo girl, 3 years of going to the gym. I am stronger than most guys in my gym, I know how to train, I follow a structured diet with inteligent nutrient timing etc... Prior to that I suffered from anorexia and during that time I got to a really low weight (obviously) and I lost my period completely. Then I started going to the gym, lifting weights and slowly gained my weight back. I even competed once and won my show in figure novice (even though I didn't have enough muscle, I won just because other competitors looked horrible :laugh3:) The point is that even though I gained more than 20 kgs (currently 65 kg and 160 cm), I never got my period back. My doctor wants me to go on a hormonal therapy - I should take estrogen oraly and when I get my period, I should start taking progesterone (that is what my doctor told me)
I know that estrogen is important for women (I've read the post by Mrrippedzilla about that topic), however I am currently on a cut as I would like to prepare for another competition at the end of this year and I've read several times that this kind of hormonal therapy usually causes women to gain fat, be tired etc... so I am afraid it will cause my body to stop responding to this diet as well as it is now (I am droping fat but I am still increasing/keeping my strength in the gym and feel great).

I was also thinking about trying small dose of anavar (5-10 grams for 8-12 weeks) prior to my competition as I think that it will help me to put on some size (after I end my cutting diet in about 7 weeks obviously).

I would really appreciate your opinion about my problem - should I take that estrogen and continue with my diet or do you think it will cause me to gain fat? Is it a bad idea to combine that kind of estrogen therapy WITH taking that small dose of anavar or will that be counterproductive? What would you do in my place? Thank you everyone for your responds

What is your current body fat %?

And do you have blood work showing what your estrogen levels are at? Ideally E1, E2 and E3. I would be interested in seeing Testosterone, LH, and FSH as well.

Last edited:
Currently about 14-16 % bf, not too lean - I have visible abs and some quad separation is starting to appear. Last year after my show I gained some more bodyfat - I was probably about 20 % for the whole year.

I had my blood work done last week, however my doctor didn't show me the full results and just said that my estrogen levels are low and I have to get on that kind of therapy which I descriped in my post above... But I can go to the hospital this monday and ask for the full results. Do you think it would help?

Definitely get a copy of your lab results. Post them up here (with your personal information hidden) and we can help you look at them. Let's see what you doc actually checked.

Back