Any advice for me?

supacharged21

Ok so I am 32 and workout regularly. I consider myself in shape and was going to do a PH cycle. My father has a history of low T and takes shots for it, and my mother has always bugged me to get baselines testosterone levels everytime I come over and visit.

I figured now would be a good time to check my labs and proceed with PH and and then do labs again. After my initial check my labs came back low. If you looked at me you would never guess that my T is in this range. I was shocked, my mom was shocked, everybody at work was shocked, wife was shocked etc. LOL

I consider myself irritable, and attributed that with my hormone level being high, but could this be caused from low T?
Also my I would say my libido is down, but thought that was just from being in a relationship for a long time. Is this why?

TESTOSTERONE 231.1 ng/dL
TESTOSTERONE FREE 7.4
ESTRADIOL 24 PG/ML
ESTROGEN 85 PG/ML

TRIG 37 MG/DL
CHOL 187
LDL 114 MG/DL
HDL 65.5 MG/DL
RATIO 2.9

LIVER
ALT/SGPT 24 IU/L
AST/SGOT 33 IU/L

Could be. You might be irritable because you don't feel great all the time as those with good levels of hormones usually do. I've always wondered what exactly differed from people who seem to naturally be happy/energetic/outgoing and those who aren't.

Are you planning on seeking treatment?

I am. I have a appointment with my dads urologist on the 28th. This is kinda messing with me on a psychological level. I don't feel like my workouts are doing anything for me now that I have had these labs. Not to mention all the other stuff above.

Def low T. anything under 300 ng/dl is usually considered low across the board, your levels shouldn't go that low your entire life.

Both of those are text-book symptoms of Low T. Good thing you listened to your mother and got checked out.

I'll also say that just because your T is low now doesn't mean that it was always low. It could have been dropping slowly over many years or it could have happened suddenly due to an event. It is often hard to pinpoint when it started dropping or why.

Good luck with your consult and keep us informed.

Both of those are text-book symptoms of Low T. Good thing you listened to your mother and got checked out.

I'll also say that just because your T is low now doesn't mean that it was always low. It could have been dropping slowly over many years or it could have happened suddenly due to an event. It is often hard to pinpoint when it started dropping or why.

Good luck with your consult and keep us informed.

Thanks for the comments everybody. What kind of events could cause low T?

It cold be genetics or lifestyle related or both. It's really hard to determine for sure. Now would be a good time to evaluate lifestyle habits such as sleep, diet, and stress.

Back