Anyone else religiously wake up................

Definitely always get up in the middle of the night to eat. Whatever it might be, and apple, PB, Protein bar, shake, whatever I can get my hands on basically!!

If I have to get up to bleed my turkey then I will down a shake other than that nope.Why not just use a long acting (ie- casein) protein source before going to bed instead of getting up?

F.

Between the ephedra/caffeine and the gallon + of water every day, I am up two or three times a night anyway. I do think it is beneficial to feed the fibers every three hours. I wouldn't set the alarm though. I do commend ya on your dedication level. Now GET SOME SLEEP BRO.

SLEEP is as if not more important that a shake or any other food in the middle of night.

Try drinking your last shake before going to bed with some healthy oil (peanut butter works well) to slow the absorption of the protein over several hours while you sleep.

No matter how much you slow down the absorption it is not going to slow that much. Not enough to cover 8 hours worth of fasting. So if you get up for a few minutes to use the restroom anyways, how hard is it to grab a 'midnight snack'?

Half the time I hardly even remember that I actually got up to eat....I guess 'sleep eating'!!

Ya, I think it was just a lazy phase that I was going through when debating whether to stop the middle-of-the-night protein shakes.

I continue to take them and believe they are extremely beneficial whether you are cutting or bulking. And Mike, your right, sometimes I'll wake up in the morning and think "shit, I didnt drink my shake", then I check my mini-fridge and it is empty because I did in fact drink the shake. Hell, I cant ever remember turning the alarm off either. After awhile, it just gets to be routine and it doesnt bug me.

I do get like that doing my training season for wrestling.....I feel so smuch more sore the next day if i dont wake up for my shake....but im too lazy to do it all year round. Mabey i should consider it because gains come very hard for me regardless.

Back