anyone use oatmeal as a primary carb source

I eat oatmeal everyday I don't go low-carb: raw, cooked, over-cooked, I don't care! I love the stuff and have eaten it almost everyday for the past 3 years. I'm still not tired of it! I like the putting it in shakes idea. I'm gonna have to try that one ;-) Sometimes I like to put a handful of mixed nuts in there too. Gives it a nice healthy crunch.

I eat it every morning too w/4 eggs & fruit.
I guess it would be my primary carb source cause I don't eat much other carbs, though the swt pot. fries sounds yummy!
Peanut butter & honey w/oatmeal is good too.

Rgardless of the type of diet I am on, oats are my primary carb source. I like to blend or process my oats dry which turns it into a powder like consistency and then dump it into a sealable container. I just use one of my 70cc protein scoops to measure out the powder. 1 packed scoop = 1/4 cup. My shakes consistency is a little more smoother when using oats I processed before adding to the shake.

DirkMoneyshot said:
Rice should be your primary carb source in any diet. Oatmeal or wheat products should be used 1-2x / day.

Why? And what type of rice? I know alot of trainers that say oats should be the primary source in any diet.

outlawtas2 said:
I'm cutting right now and oatmeal is the only carb I really eat, cept on cheat days. Can't really beat it for the price.
I've thought of trying this as well....I was thinking leafy greens and oatmeal would be my only carb sources.

DirkMoneyshot said:
Rice should be your primary carb source in any diet. Oatmeal or wheat products should be used 1-2x / day.
What type? obviously not white...

rice is easier to digest. easier digest means better absorption.
atleast thats what i remember Dirk telling me in the past.

adidamps2 said:
rice is easier to digest. easier digest means better absorption.
atleast thats what i remember Dirk telling me in the past.

You are correct young padawan...j/k

Yes in addition to digestion it does not cause allergic reactions like oats do.

Personally I don't care about which rice. Some will say not rice, but i've seen plenty use it and get ripped just fine.

Basmati
Jasmin
Brown
White

They are all good. I would maybe list them in that order because i can't personally stand Brown Rice.

DirkMoneyshot said:
You are correct young padawan...j/k

Yes in addition to digestion it does not cause allergic reactions like oats do.

Personally I don't care about which rice. Some will say not rice, but i've seen plenty use it and get ripped just fine.

Basmati
Jasmin
Brown
White

They are all good. I would maybe list them in that order because i can't personally stand Brown Rice.
i justed wanted to let ya know some one here actually listens/pays attention too ya..LOL

adidamps2 said:
i justed wanted to let ya know some one here actually listens/pays attention too ya..LOL

You would be the first and don't think i don't remember you being the first to welcome me back as mod after my little break.

mranak said:
For the record, I fucking hate ordinary oatmeal cooked in water, even with Splenda and cinnamon added or whatever. But I love the instant shit.
The instant stuff has a much higher GI I believe which IMO isn't good.

DocJ said:
The instant stuff has a much higher GI I believe which IMO isn't good.

Is it as healthy, No. But again the GI means very little IMO.

In the morning on a fasted state your body will suck it all up.

Back