Awesome Post

Is this similar to what happened on the site where he posted his original article?

Anyway, everyone can make great gains when they first start out. 165 lbs to 220 in three years is nothing special. I know guys who've done that in little over a year using 2 to 3 times a week type of frequency, just like advocated in the article. As long as you are eating enough, you'd have to be a complete retard NOT to make those kinds of gains.

Also, if two or three times a week training is a waste of time, I'd like to know how all those guys way back before steroids got so big naturally. Steve Reeves, for example, was huge for a natural guy. How did he train? Oh yeah, full body, three times a week, right?

Since everyone seems to be hung up on the frequency aspect I will try to elaborate.

The GIST of what he is saying is that for the most part, BB'ers tend to split the body up into a BUNCH of parts and spend a bunch of time doing little isolation lifts instead of a simply upper/lower, or full body split and mainly doing compound lifts. Again, he likely trains WSB where the body is split into two parts and trained 2 x a week. Great split.

Some people do need to only train a bodypart once a week, I know that from experince. I also know that many of the guys that train a BP only once a week do so because they have to since they do so many damn lifts everytime they hit it.

Iron Addict

right pumped said:
I do agree with your orig. post somewhat but don't you think you being a little harsh on the fucking dude, seriously WTF relax. What the fuck does this guy care (or me for a matter of fact)on what works for a wide variety of people. Cman along with myself train for OURSELFS, not everyone else!

Some ppl just can't except that things other than THEY say work as well

cman81 said:
you only think what worked for YOU is what ppl should be doing.

Wow, funny considering all the people IA has successfully trained. I guess they were all just flukes then?

i thuoght the post was great. kinda opened my eyes to my stupidity.

pb set me up with a killer routine b4 , and i gained sooo much strenght in less than 3 weeks. then i got injured, and when i came back i totally fucked off and went back to my old style of training ( which didn't produce much at all) .

back to the point, it was a good article :D

hannan420 said:
powerlifters.

you fools still dont see

im trainng a 16 yr old kid whos about 250 and will out lift some guys on juice here..hell most likely play in the majors one day..do you think ive got him doing isolation/bodypart type stuff???

Actually, training like a powerlifter can make you just as huge as any bodybuilders get. I don't know why people think there is such a difference. The only real difference is that most BBers are obsessed with keeping bodyfat under 15%. Oh, and many BBers are also weaker than most Powerlifters.

You know Needsize, right? Huge guy. Guess how he trains?

hannan420 said:
Thats great good for him.

Maybe some of us are not into lifting as much weight as humanly possible and just want to look good.

err the kid looks good and can take his shirt off at the beach
look stop picking an argument

im cleaning up this thread and let stick to the point of the article
anyone has a problem with what i deleted lemme know

He does 5x5, which focuses on big compounds and hits the whole body multiple times per week. He has a thread stickied in this forum about it. It must be working for him, considering how big he is.

Most BBers who's routines you see in magazines... those aren't their actual routines.

All you bodybuilders here please post some pics. Before i got into powerlifting i never called myself a bodybuilder. If you are please lets see it. This thread is not abot powerlifting, it is about putting muscle on. The difference between a powerlifter and a gym rat is basically going to be exercise selection and how we set up the workout. The principles don't really change too much, some, but you still have to overload the muscle.

pretty ricky said:
i liked it!good post!ever since i stopped reading that muscle mag shit and started focusing on the big three and just doing acssesory work with a form of the squat,bench,and dead my traning is sooo much better!thank you to people like IA,BB,and others who know their shit!

Ditto. Learning about the big three packed 30lbs on my frame in the last 8 months.
Thanks to the other big three...IA, BB, and PB

Gimp said:
doesn't matter what one looks like now..it's what they AIM to look like which should determine one's training style. Both are valid ways of training..but, they don't yield the same results.... I agree, the thread is about putting muscle on..but, there's diffferent ways to train for a desired effect.

Putting on muscle is putting on muscle is putting on muscle. What your saying makes abosulutely no sense. powerlifters will neglect certain aspects of their musculature like i said, but adding muscle is the same no matter how you slice it. The rest is genetics, that is why some powerlifters look like bodybuilders and others don't, the others that don't wouldn't look like a bodybuilder no matter how they trained.

well said

jcp2 said:
Putting on muscle is putting on muscle is putting on muscle. What your saying makes abosulutely no sense. powerlifters will neglect certain aspects of their musculature like i said, but adding muscle is the same no matter how you slice it. The rest is genetics, that is why some powerlifters look like bodybuilders and others don't, the others that don't wouldn't look like a bodybuilder no matter how they trained.

I asked how one can pull heavy deads and squat heavy both more than one time a week. Guess it got deleted.

Insane_Man said:
I asked how one can pull heavy deads and squat heavy both more than one time a week. Guess it got deleted.

You can't but deads falls into posterior chain work, or back work. I row up to 3 times a week, usually two, and hit the lower back pretty hard two as well. i don't do much quad work, but i have been box squatting twice a week, and hit bench variations twice a week.

Thanks for clearing that up JCP

I have been doing bench and some upper back shit twice a week lately, but I was thinking along the lines of relying on heavy core work like squats and deads.

Insane_Man said:
Thanks for clearing that up JCP

I have been doing bench and some upper back shit twice a week lately, but I was thinking along the lines of relying on heavy core work like squats and deads.

My journal is posted in the journal section. So is blackbeards and pullinbigs.

We might as well just delete the training forum then....

iron addict said:
The GIST of what he is saying is that for the most part, BB'ers tend to split the body up into a BUNCH of parts and spend a bunch of time doing little isolation lifts instead of a simply upper/lower
eg Squats one day/week, deads one day/week.

Back