B12. What & Why..........

RUI-products

Official Sponsor
B12, What and Why ?

B12 is one of the complex B vitamin s. An interesting thing about B12 is that is not produced in the body except under certain circumstances (ie: the ingestion of foods that contain B12 fosters a bacterial reaction that produces more B12). Due to this fact B12 must be introduced into the body. This can be done in the form of foods or in the form of a B12 supplement or both.

So what does B12 do? Well here is a list of some of the things B12 does in our research subjects:

1- B12 is required for the conversion of carbs to glucose so they can be used for energy.
2- B12 plays a role in protein metabolism
3- B12 helps protect against cancers such as prostate, colon and breast cancer
4- B12 regulates cholesterol levels aiding in the prevention of heart disease
5- B12 is necessary for fat mobilization and muscle contraction
6- B12 has been shown to help preserve muscle mass
7- B12 is essential for proper digestive system function
8- B12 protects the brain from shrinkage, an effect associated with dementia
9- B12 is essential for proper nerve health and function

The lost actually goes on. It is plain to see that B12 is essential not only in areas of our research but in overall health and wellbeing of our research subjects.
So why would we consider incorporating B12 into our research. Many will say oh I can get enough in my diet. Well to answer that question we must look at the factors that deplete b12 in our research subjects and how they directly apply to our research situation. Some of the primary factors that deplete B12 are cortisol and inflammatory as well as anti-inflammatory factors. It does not take much to see that research subjects who exercise and train regularly essentially create the perfect environment for B12 depletion. This can be stated even more so if we are researching on a subject that is using any form of anabolic. You see we may or more aptly do set our research subject up for the very scenario where B12 depletion is occurring. Just as there are benefits to B12, there are costs associated with inadequate B12 as well. These include Lethargy, depression, brain fog, digestive disorders, and nerve damage.

So we know what B12 offers as far as benefits in our research, we know the costs associated with insufficient B12, now we need to address the supplementation if B12 in our research subjects. This sounds ridiculously simple, however it is not. One might think we’ll just administer some B12 to my research subject. Its not so easy. B12 has significant bioavailability issues. The form of B12 you use is crucial to your research subject’s success. If you are going to administer injectable B12 you should use the cyanocobalamin form of B12. If you are going to use it orally your options are severely limited. That being said we found a form of B12 and a delivery system that is superior to any other oral method. That is sublingual methylcobalamin. This allows B12 to bypass the digestive process that renders most oral forms of B12 essentially useless. The ease of use and effectiveness of this product has made it a very popular research item.

Whichever B!2 you chose out of the 2 most effective mentioned one can see where it can play a vital role in our research. We hope you found this B12 informational write up informative and helpful in your research. As always good luck with all your research!

Check it out: B12

Refs:
*Palva IP et al. (1972). "Drug induced malabsorption of vitamin B12 – IV – malabsorption and deficiency of B12 during treatment with slow-release potassium chloride". Acta Med Scand 191 (4): 355–7. PMID 5032681
*Which nutritional factors help preserve muscle mass, strength and performance in seniors? -- ScienceDaily
*https://umm.edu/health/medical/altmed/supplement/vitamin-b12-cobalamin
*Vitamin B | The Nutrition Source | Harvard School of Public Health
*Smithells RW, Sheppard S, Schorah CJ. Vitamin deficiencies and neural tube defects. Arch Dis Child. 1976; 51:944–50.
*Ishihara J, Iso H, Inoue M, et al. Intake of folate, vitamin B6 and vitamin B12 and the risk of CHD: the Japan Public Health Center-Based Prospective Study Cohort I. J Am Coll Nutr. 2008; 27:127–136.

Any chance you will ever carry a B12 that would be suitable for injecting into my experiments? I just don't see the results expected with anything else for them.

Which are far superior to cyan, no doubt. My problem with drops is usually the alcohol used to transport is undesirable for my project, as well as not nearly having the effectiveness of injections for raising useful levels.

I would be interested in methyl b12 but how do you know it's not cyanocobalamin b12 ? Does your supplier provide proof?

I would be interested in methyl b12 but how do you know it's not cyanocobalamin b12 ? Does your supplier provide proof?

No we do not require proof from this vendor that the product is in fact methyl b12. Based on our experience and relationship with them we are confident the product is in fact, what it is being sold as. That combined with the fact that it would not make sense for a supplier to sell a product as methyl b12 if it was not since a simple, readily available b12 blood test would prove that it was not. I should also mention that customer feedback on the methyl b12 product is excellent an it is one of our top repeat purchase items. Thank you for your interest in our MethylB12, we are sure if you try it you will not be disappointed.

Back