Bad news for bigdelt69, doc says its bad

bigdelt69

Well, ever feel like once you get up and reach your peak that there will be something there to knock you back down to the bottom? Thats exactly what has happen to me.

(Background info)
I am 21 yrs old. Moved to Arizona in Janurary in hopes of being able to live a normal life. That is because I suffer from a condition know as chronic sinusitus. Enough to the point that controled my life up untill I moved here. Its now July and I have yet to met a single friend out here, but thats by choice. You see I decided that when I moved here I would dedicate my life to bodybuilding. Thats right, for the last 6 months I have been doing nothing but eating, sleeping, and training. No work, no school (yet). I decided to do a cycle about 4 months ago. It went well except for the fact that I got a mild sinus infection at the end (doc treated and it went away...or so we thought) Now I'm in the recovery stages of my current cycle and bam! Here comes another sinus infection, and not just a mild one, but this one is major. Upon reviewing CT scans my E.N.T. thinks that the old one never cleared up and now its a mess. Keep in mind that I have already had 3 surgeries in the past 3 years, so I have lots of scar tissue in my sinus cavities. Looks like I'll be under the knife for about 4 hours a week from Monday. Nothing like getting kicked in the teeth and starting over.:(

Now my point about this thread is not to seek simpathy, but rather to educate some of you as to why this happened. Because I could have done my cycle and prevented this, although I have just now figured out how. Its all about managing your cortisol levels post cycle. For those of you who like to keep as much of your gains as possible....and those that always seem to get sick post cycle...this is important. I am working on a few things to help everyone learn how to do this. Look for an up coming thread in the next day or two.

bigdelt69 said:

Now my point about this thread is not to seek simpathy, but rather to educate some of you as to why this happened. Because I could have done my cycle and prevented this, although I have just now figured out how. Its all about managing your cortisol levels post cycle. For those of you who like to keep as much of your gains as possible....and those that always seem to get sick post cycle...this is important. I am working on a few things to help everyone learn how to do this. Look for an up coming thread in the next day or two.

Good luck with the surgery, and BUMP for the upcoming cortisol management thread.

--dave

All will be fine and you will be back in no time! This is a mistake that will never happen to you again. Better than ever in no time.

Not Sympathy

for you BD69, just good wishes. That definitely sucks, but glad to see you want to help others rather than let it sink you down. You'll be back, the desire cannot be curbed. Good luck on Monday hoss. :D

Bigdelt, I am sorry to hear about that. But don't let it get you down. Of course this will put in dent in your progress -- it would be disingenuous to act like this won't affect you at all -- but I am sure that in 6 months from now you will look back and agree that it wasn't as big a problem as it seems right now. Best wishes, and keep us updated about your progress.

BD, sorry to hear that, hope everything works out well for you. Best of luck bro.! Keep your head up head and continue to train! Keep us posted on your surgery!

BD,
That's a drag, bro. I'm sure you'll do fine, though.
Not sure I understand what you're saying about the reason this occurred. Were you post-cycle w/ all your other episodes of sinusitis? It sounds like this one was just incompletely treated. Just not sure about your rationale for implicating Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) and poor post-cycle management as the culprit here.
At any rate, get well soon, and heal quickly.

(Buffdoc)

My ENT and I came up with two theorys as to how this happened. After reviewing the CT scans prior to my previous surgery, and the one taken reciently, he thinks my old doc never got 'everything' cleared out, because there were two areas that looked exactly the same on the CT. Not sure of the name of the sinus but it was a deep one that would be hard to have access to. Then we discussed my Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) use and he came up with a more proboble cause. You see, when doing anabolic steroids the body is suppressing cortisol very very low. This was esp true with the drugs I was running. When cortisol levels are low it can cause allergies (which are mild to me here in Arizona) but when the sinus cavities become inflamed there is no cortisol there to reduce the inflamation. Keep in mind that this all started about 5 days before I quite my cycle. Then after the gear has cleared the system the cortisol levels skyrocket which can and will cause the immune system to not be able to fight like it should. We think that the combonation of these two things at just the right time are what caused this. Now do you see my point about the importace of post cycle cortisol control? I really dont think many people take this into consideration when planning post cycle meds. Now this does not mean that everyone will get a sinus infection post cycle w/o cortisol control, but I think this to be a very important key in retaining muscle post cycle. Look for a thread later today about cortisol and what it does to your muscles!

Thanks all for the kind words.....they really help out.

NO doubt cortisol is very catabolic. I look forward to your thread.
Certainly you and the ENT's theory couldbe correct, but his first impression could've been, too. Especially if the CT's looked identical. Or even more likely, a combination of the above.
Keep us posted, and stay healthy. Sounds like you've got a good surgeon working w/ you.

Back