Being accused of being on steroids has me..........

Also was put on TRT by a doc at age 25. Never cycled until 27. When people see some one putting in hard work and making progress they wanna hate, but only because they don't have the drive or determination to do it themselves. They may take it out on you but they are really angry with themselves. Don't sweat the haters, just keep on pushing.

I had a buddy who credited my usuage all to gear. I told him without diet and training gear doesn't do much. he didn't belive me, wanted to cycle. I set him up with 500mgs test E for 14 weeks. Gained about 4 pounds and lost it all in PCT. Now he doesn't say much.

Gear helps show off our hard work and persistence. It is not the cause of it.

Who gives a f___ about what they say. You either are taking them, were taking or will take them if you are on this forum. No need to feel shame for taking steroids responsibly. The person questioning you wasn't necessarily wrong for making that comment, but people who have or are doing gear become a little hypersensitive about people discounting the efforts that have been made to obtain a physique worthy of steroid association.

I am 51yrs old on TRT after beating cancer. The treatments killed off my Test production. I am in the gym 5-6 days a week training my ass off and eating right. I usually just look at them and say "I trained in the gym for an 1 1/2 hrs 6 days this week and ate only healthy foods...what is your routine? "

you know what man ... " oh you use steroids to get where you are" . so u take them then , and do it to for yourself .

There is a difference though.

Diabetics most likely didnt cause theirselves to be diabetic.

TRT usually are from Steroid use.
40% of ALL men 45+ are hypogonadal. That's a fact, and I doubt 40% of all men at that age have used AAS. ;)
Source (just in case) :p

OP: Take it for the compliment it is. Means folks think you're looking good and might even be feeling that sting of jealousy. :D

My .02c :)

Tnation emailed me an article a few weeks ago that echoed my own observations on this to an extent...

A few years ago, along with drugs I also quit drinking. I bring this up not because I want a high five but because of the interesting range of responses declining a drink illicits from others. It seems (as a generalization of course) that people who are happy or comfortable with themselves, and more specifically their attitude/relationship with alcohol have pretty much zero issues with a non-drinker. Conversely, people who I would privately suspect drink too much, or often or whatever are the ones who are deeply uncomfortable, or even offended by someone who is able to turn down alcohol.

This seems to also apply, at least in my (generalized) experience with exercise/fitness and particularly nutrition. People who are either fit or at least comfortable with their level of fitness have next to no reaction to either a casual mention of "no thanks I'm planning to hit the gym still today" or even "I'll pass on seconds, great meal though!" (or even 'no cake for me today thanks, watching what I eat this weekend') etc. Out of shape, or overweight people seem to be some of the only ones who can't fathom this kind of willpower and feel the need to comment, usually snidely about something to do with working out or watching macros etc...

Anyways enough of my opinion/observations, this is the article from T-nation:

Action Offends the Inactive
by Chris Shugart

You're not imagining it. When you decide to better yourself, you'll be immediately surrounded by people trying to stop you. Action, it seems, offends the inactive.

They'll usually be subtle about it. Offering you foods that work against your nutrition plan, often presented as gifts or treats. Expressing false worry about your supplement usage, your food choices, and the number of days you go to the gym. They'll find plausible reasons for you to cheat on your diet or skip a workout.

They'll encourage you to be discouraged. They'll even get mad at you for how your positive choices are affecting their lives.

If anger doesn't work, they'll bribe, they'll mock, and they'll carefully plant seeds of negativity. All because you've decided to be better, to be more.

It's the story of the crabs in the bucket. Put a bunch of crabs in a bucket and some will try to crawl out and avoid becoming dinner. The rest won't try to escape, but they'll reach up and pull the others down.

When you set a new goal, physical or otherwise, you have unintentionally pointed out other people's weaknesses. Their faults and shortcomings. Their inability to plan and lack of desire to express one iota of willpower. They sit around and want. You have royally ticked them off by doing.

Tick them off anyway. Offend them anyway. Crawl out of the bucket and find new friends and better relationships.

Remember, action offends the inactive. And that's their problem, not yours.

The man is simply trying to discredit your achievements and building himself up at the same time. Take it as a complement, admit nothing.

Hey congrats on going from 273 to the 230s. Tremendous accomplishment man! I'm in the same boat. I'm getting treated for low t and have hired 3J. I probably start the meal plan next week. He had a killer special on so I had to do it. I'm sitting around 245 now. Who knows where I'll end up.

40% of ALL men 45+ are hypogonadal. That's a fact, and I doubt 40% of all men at that age have used AAS. ;)
Source (just in case) :p

OP: Take it for the compliment it is. Means folks think you're looking good and might even be feeling that sting of jealousy. :D

My .02c :)

You know I am a like-mind with you when it comes to TRT. But one caveat to that study is that it only included men presenting to their primary care doc. That is not a random sample of the population as in theory men 45+ without illness did not go to their doctor. Men are notorious for not wanting to see docs unless they absolutely have to.

Tnation emailed me an article a few weeks ago that echoed my own observations on this to an extent...

A few years ago, along with drugs I also quit drinking. I bring this up not because I want a high five but because of the interesting range of responses declining a drink illicits from others. It seems (as a generalization of course) that people who are happy or comfortable with themselves, and more specifically their attitude/relationship with alcohol have pretty much zero issues with a non-drinker. Conversely, people who I would privately suspect drink too much, or often or whatever are the ones who are deeply uncomfortable, or even offended by someone who is able to turn down alcohol.

This seems to also apply, at least in my (generalized) experience with exercise/fitness and particularly nutrition. People who are either fit or at least comfortable with their level of fitness have next to no reaction to either a casual mention of "no thanks I'm planning to hit the gym still today" or even "I'll pass on seconds, great meal though!" (or even 'no cake for me today thanks, watching what I eat this weekend') etc. Out of shape, or overweight people seem to be some of the only ones who can't fathom this kind of willpower and feel the need to comment, usually snidely about something to do with working out or watching macros etc...

Anyways enough of my opinion/observations, this is the article from T-nation:

What a great read right on point! :)

Hey congrats on going from 273 to the 230s. Tremendous accomplishment man! I'm in the same boat. I'm getting treated for low t and have hired 3J. I probably start the meal plan next week. He had a killer special on so I had to do it. I'm sitting around 245 now. Who knows where I'll end up.

Thank you.

It will be money well spent. Just remember he can give you the meal plan the workout routine and answer all your questions steer you on your way but your success will depend entirely on the effort you put into it.

Good luck

Last edited:
F him. You do you man. I learned a long time ago - people walking up at the gym saying something, anyone, they dont deserve your time or effort. Do not let them bother you. Stay focused and d what you want. If need be let it drive you.99.9% of people dont realize they arent magic, that its more what you do than what you take so again - f them.

Quoted for truth. F*ck him. Life is short brah. Live your life on your terms.

i told him this morning to take it as a compliment..

he's progressed so well that the haters are accusing him of using a "magic pill" lol..

shit ill take that all day with a smile

Thanks 3j! You're always there telling me what I need to hear

F him. You do you man. I learned a long time ago - people walking up at the gym saying something, anyone, they dont deserve your time or effort. Do not let them bother you. Stay focused and d what you want. If need be let it drive you.99.9% of people dont realize they arent magic, that its more what you do than what you take so again - f them.

Thanks for the input Jimi

Once they accuse you of steroids, you know you're doing something right. Megatron/Halfwit always have the best answers to everything.

You know I am a like-mind with you when it comes to TRT. But one caveat to that study is that it only included men presenting to their primary care doc. That is not a random sample of the population as in theory men 45+ without illness did not go to their doctor. Men are notorious for not wanting to see docs unless they absolutely have to.

It was the first link I still had open Lol. The WHO has the same statistic, but I didn't feel like digging for it. I agree, men are notorious for hiding symptoms from their doctor as pride is a sonofabitch. :wiggle:

Still love you, FULL homo. ;)

Anyone ever been acused of being on steroids be a coworker?

If so how did you deal with it?

Been back into getting healthy after long bitter divorce. At the start of this journey I found ology and away I went. Found out I was low T and I'm dialing protocol now thanks to the guys on this forum. Hired 3j to coach me and I'm seeing great results went from 273lbs to 237lbs as of today had to buy whole new wardrobe LOL I guess I'm looking better cause I hear i am looking good from alot of people but I really don't see it. But weight and measurements dont lie.

At work had to get measured for a new uniform. As the guy was measuring me a coworker said there is no way you made this transformation without using steroids. I took it with a grain of salt but I'm getting little comments here and there and I think a few other guys are thinking the same thing. This has me very pissed off!

I've been busting my ass to get like this eating right hitting the gym hard and some douche has to go and run off at the mouth. I can't wait till I get the bf% down enough to do a blast myself. If they think I'm on the juice now at 100mg testc e7d can only imagine what they'll think when i blast.

Just needed to vent.

Anyone with similar experiences would to like to hear how you handled it

Thanks

No ones business. If they are going to ask you a stupid question, they are going to get a BS response :)

"No I'm not on steroids, I just take protein powder and Tribulus ";)

Yeah take it as a compliment. Screw the haters. They talk shit for reasons due to jealousy they cannot accomplish that themselves

Back