Bench Press

sleepstalker

I am banned!
Could someone explain to me why do this exercise builds the chest in so many ways while the chest muscles do very little. Let me see if I got it. Ok it's the help of the arms, lats and leg drive it looks. I am not saying not to do them. I still would do them and I am looking to perfect my form on the exercise. Is it utilized because even though the chest is getting the least stimulation it still can be loaded with a assload of weight indirectly to some degree causing muscle stretching/fiber tearing with all the compound muscles involved? Meaning one may do say dips but the extent that the bar is loaded in the bench exercise in the eccentric portion will over time lead to more stimulation? Or for most people cause they can load the bar with MORE weight(those who practice good form) will get the most benefits? Makes sense to me. Btw I've been benching for a few years and never understood what flaring the elbows means I think it is in the concentric movement when the elbows are stretched out in the "Y" part of the bench press? I think so.

Last edited:
Compound lift, gets your test pumping and works other muscle groups while hitting the chest hard as well. That's why you grow from it.

Back