best ways to tone and stregnthen lower back?

I am curious as to why I am supremly strong when it comes to my back exercizes and I max out most of the machines...yet my lower back is weak as shit. I can't do striaght legged deadlifts or else I wont be able to get out of bed for 2 weeks... is there something wrong with me? this has been going on for some time and it seems as though I can totaly squat heavy but as soon as I wrack all the 45lb plates of the bar somehow the movment and position upsets my lower back and it hurts just doing that......

gogo4 said:
I am curious as to why I am supremly strong when it comes to my back exercizes and I max out most of the machines...yet my lower back is weak as shit. I can't do striaght legged deadlifts or else I wont be able to get out of bed for 2 weeks... is there something wrong with me? this has been going on for some time and it seems as though I can totaly squat heavy but as soon as I wrack all the 45lb plates of the bar somehow the movment and position upsets my lower back and it hurts just doing that......
Well I see you said you max out machines, I find the best results with free weights so drop the the machines they limit range of motion in my opion. Secondly as far as back pains go when squating goes make sure your for is correct and use a belt if you like.

luquillo78 said:
Deadlift, squats, sldl, goodmorning, hypers
good
also if you use a hyper "chair" try taking one leg off (alternating). puts more stress on the lower glutes and hammys. ups the difficulty. great for "tone" :gay: :gay2:

captain wacky said:
Well I see you said you max out machines, I find the best results with free weights so drop the the machines they limit range of motion in my opion. Secondly as far as back pains go when squating goes make sure your for is correct and use a belt if you like.

i use a belt, at all times. I just can't hold weight infront of me it just upsets my lower back, even a 25lb weight. I can hold the bar on my traps and squat 405 ez, but I can't hold a plate somehow it puts stress on my lower back like the position?!?! no idea what it is maybe my lower back is just really pussy.

gogo4 said:
i use a belt, at all times. I just can't hold weight infront of me it just upsets my lower back, even a 25lb weight. I can hold the bar on my traps and squat 405 ez, but I can't hold a plate somehow it puts stress on my lower back like the position?!?! no idea what it is maybe my lower back is just really pussy.

Sounds like it might be a serious problem to me. Someone as developed as yourself should be able to hold 25 lbs in front of them.

Back