Bill Kazmaier Routine

evansss

GET BIG
Got this off another board. Looks like way to much volume, but I wanted to get some feedback on it as im thinking about switching it up.

Monday

Bench (heavy) warm up, then 4 sets x 10 reps
Wide Grip Bench 3 sets x 10 reps
Narrow Grip Bench 3 sets x 10 reps
Front Delt Raise 4 sets x 8 reps
Dumbell Seated Press 4 sets x 10 reps
Side Delt Raise 4 sets x 10 reps
Lying Tricep Push (after 2 warm up sets) 6 sets x 10 reps
Tricep Push Down 4 sets x 10 reps

Tuesday

Squat (heavy) warm up, then 4 sets x 10 reps
Deadlift (light) warm up, then 3 sets x 10 reps
Shrugs 2 sets x 15-40 reps, 1 set x 10-20 reps
Seated Hammer Curls 4 sets x 12 reps
Standing Curl 4 sets x 10 reps
Close Grip Chin Ups 3 sets x max on each set
Seated Row 4 sets x 10 reps
Leg Extensions 3 sets x 10 reps
Leg Curl 3 sets x 10 reps
Calf Raise 3 sets x 15-25 reps

Thursday

Bench (light) warm up, then 3 sets x 10 reps
Wide Grip Bench 3 sets x 10 reps
Narrow Grip Bench 3 sets x 10 reps
Dumbell Seated Press (heavy) warm up, then 4 sets x 8 reps
Front Delt Raise 4 sets x 10 reps
Tennis Backhand Cable Extensions 4 sets x 10 reps
Prone Tricep Extension 4 sets x 10 reps

Saturday

Deadlift (heavy) warm up, then 4 sets x 8 reps
Squat (light) warm up, then 4 sets x10 reps
Shrugs (heavy) 4 sets x 10-15 reps
Seated Hammer Curl 4 sets x 8 reps
Concentration Curl 4 sets x 12 reps
One Arm Row - 3 positions 3 sets x 10 reps
Wide Grip Pull (down to chest) 4 sets x 10 reps
Leg Extensions 3 sets x 10 reps
Leg Curl 3 sets x 10 reps
Calf Raise 3 sets x 15-25 reps
(Ab Work When Possible)

somedays i work all upper and get every fukn muscle in the upper torso pumped with blood..and it works..for me that is...

I highly doubt this is Bill Kazmaier's routine. NO powerlifter in their right mind would follow this routine.

While I won't pretend to know what Kaz did, most powerlifters focus around the big 3 (dead, squat, bench) with assistance work like bent over rows, board presses, power cleans, weighted dips and chins etc.

Rep ranges are normally 1-3.

Leg curls = Epic Phail

I highly doubt this is Bill Kazmaier's routine. NO powerlifter in their right mind would follow this routine.

While I won't pretend to know what Kaz did, most powerlifters focus around the big 3 (dead, squat, bench) with assistance work like bent over rows, board presses, power cleans, weighted dips and chins etc.

Leg curls = Epic Phail

bill was also into strongman competitions and other stuff as well , also when bill was coming up they didnt know or use todays techniques . that being said i have no idea if bill trained this way . im just pointing out its way to much work fr a natty lifter.

as info i have met bill 2 times at the arnold for a minue or 2 , just small talk.

UPDATE:

decided to go with pb's routine. was doing more volume prior to this, now i have to get used to low volume again. I know it works though because my lifts went through the roof on pb's workout. might add one or two things here or there to tweak it. I know this has been debated before, but i dont like how the routine doesn't have any direct shoulder exercises. Granted its centered around the big three lifts which work everything, but where could i throw in some shoulder work?

Mate can you imagine how long a routine like that would take? that would be pushing almost two hours to get all that done...

Leg curls = Epic Phail

Nobody used conjugate periodization back then. Mariusz Pudzianowski actually does leg curls still, if you can believe that.

I wouldnt be surprised if kaz actually used this terrible training regime and got where he got by just having that unparallelled mental intensity he had and completely privileged genetics.

UPDATE:

decided to go with pb's routine. was doing more volume prior to this, now i have to get used to low volume again. I know it works though because my lifts went through the roof on pb's workout. might add one or two things here or there to tweak it. I know this has been debated before, but i dont like how the routine doesn't have any direct shoulder exercises. Granted its centered around the big three lifts which work everything, but where could i throw in some shoulder work?

Adopt a powerlifting style bench. It will literally rape your shoulders. I don't think you'll need any more shoulder work ever.
When i switched over to pl bench from bb bench after having done bb bench on and off for 6 years, i couldnt believe what happened to my shoulders. The soreness on my delts the next day was such that I literally felt like they had no fibers available to do any work whatsoever, not even to lift my arm up. It's hard to describe, it was amazing.

Adopt a powerlifting style bench. It will literally rape your shoulders. I don't think you'll need any more shoulder work ever.
When i switched over to pl bench from bb bench after having done bb bench on and off for 6 years, i couldnt believe what happened to my shoulders. The soreness on my delts the next day was such that I literally felt like they had no fibers available to do any work whatsoever, not even to lift my arm up. It's hard to describe, it was amazing.

Bro that sounds to me that your doing a delt presser, which is the worst way to bench and will lead to injury.

When you bench PL style you try and limit range of movement as much as possible and keep shoulder blades tucked in at all times, when done rigth you dont use your delts at all. Even in a bb bench you shouldnt be pressing with delt but with your chest.

Back