BJJ or MMA

Personally, I prefer a BBBJ followed by DFK and FS. I like to finish with some Russian and CIM. :)

Sorry, I couldn't resist the juvenile urge.

RLJ is an amazing BBJ practitioner, one of the best in the world. If you have a chance to train at one of his affiliates I would go for all the way. I'm sure he comes once or twice a year to do seminars, nothing like getting to train with a world class athlete

In my book MMA-all martial arts in one discipline

MMA Combines it all Nicely - Especially when PERFORMED by the best Pros. in the "Game"
(with tech. experience and cool mind)

Last edited:
Wrestling all the way dude. After Chael Sonnen's brilliant performance at UFC117 I became convinced that an outstanding wrestler will win over even the world's best striker and jiujitsu blackbelt (he almost did, that armbar was a fluke)

Nerotik, if your focus is not competition, I would strongly recommend a good BJJ school. Lovato Jr is a stud and I'm sure he has some competent instructors underneath him. I have to be honest, as somebody who used to and is now retired from professional MMA, if you aren't actually going to fight, then BJJ will probably serve most of your needs. A good program should teach you self defense, defense to striking, wrestling and judo take downs and ground/positional control with submissions. Against most attackers, that is all you would ever need (barring no weapons are ivolved). I fought MMA for several years, but frankly, after I retired I went back to just training BJJ full time because I can train every day with very low risk of injury and still learn a lot about myself and my body. MMA as a part time hobby will usually only leave you broken, bruised and injured.

Last edited:
Try to find a school with Solid Striking(muay thai, boxing) and Grappling(BJJ, wrestling, sambo) I love bjj but you need the complete package, and dont focus on the belt. Just work on getting better and climb up in ranks through competition. The belt will come on it's own. Good luck :D

Back