Call it a Comeback! Take a look?

ehSmile

So before my injury I was feeling the strongest and leanest i've ever in my life and career. Now this is being my 4th concussion that has given me symptoms for a month or longer (each one) I have decided to retire my cleats for good and focus on enjoying whatever I want and resting my body from football. Been trying to grow my diet knowledge and figured why not start with getting back on track! I wasn't cleared to exercise (even walking gave me headaches) so I threw everything I have worked so hard out the window for a month and now wish to repair the damage!

Heres my stats currently and what I was before:

General:
5'11
21y/o
Post Injury Weight:
180lbs
14%bf
no exercise except 10lb dumbbells trying my hardest not to let my muscles decrease

Before injury:
170lbs
9%bf
strict exercise with strength coach

Goals:
190lbs
11-12%

Wha I want my diet to become is:

Upon waking up I have 1 cup oatmeal with 1 scoop protein inside
after being up and most likely before I go to class I will then intake
4+ eggs (2 whole + 2+ egg whites) with another cup of oatmeal and then
usually mondays and fridays I am only gone for 4 hours total so I pack a weight gainer shake around 500cals 30g protein and 80g carbs.

When I lift I always have a fruit before and protein shake after and then when I am home I consume the following meals:

1/4 cup pasta (measured uncooked) with 1 cup tuna
Chilli which consists of: ground chicken, dark kidney beans, peas, corn, tomato sauce, 2tbs of caynne pepper, chilli powder and cumin
and then a bedtime meal of chicken breast with brown rice and sometimes veggies on side

is that enough to finally gain size? My maximum size when I ate just as much was 170lbs with 9% bf but it was most likely due to the amount of exercise I was doing as an athlete. Lastly my doctor suggests to help with my depression that I go on a low carb diet but carbs is the only thing keeping me from going small imo. Thanks for reading and helping

so did you calcuate your tdee and use a caloric counter to come up with the diet?

No I just followed what made me have lots of energy + not being bloated! So I should calc my TDEE?

So before my injury I was feeling the strongest and leanest i've ever in my life and career. Now this is being my 4th concussion that has given me symptoms for a month or longer (each one) I have decided to retire my cleats for good and focus on enjoying whatever I want and resting my body from football. Been trying to grow my diet knowledge and figured why not start with getting back on track! I wasn't cleared to exercise (even walking gave me headaches) so I threw everything I have worked so hard out the window for a month and now wish to repair the damage!

Heres my stats currently and what I was before:

General:
5'11
21y/o
Post Injury Weight:
180lbs
14%bf
no exercise except 10lb dumbbells trying my hardest not to let my muscles decrease

Before injury:
170lbs
9%bf
strict exercise with strength coach

Goals:
190lbs
11-12%

Wha I want my diet to become is:

Upon waking up I have 1 cup oatmeal with 1 scoop protein inside
after being up and most likely before I go to class I will then intake
4+ eggs (2 whole + 2+ egg whites) with another cup of oatmeal and then
usually mondays and fridays I am only gone for 4 hours total so I pack a weight gainer shake around 500cals 30g protein and 80g carbs.

When I lift I always have a fruit before and protein shake after and then when I am home I consume the following meals:

1/4 cup pasta (measured uncooked) with 1 cup tuna
Chilli which consists of: ground chicken, dark kidney beans, peas, corn, tomato sauce, 2tbs of cayenne pepper, chilli powder and cumin and then a bedtime meal of chicken breast with brown rice and sometimes veggies on side.

is that enough to finally gain size? My maximum size when I ate just as much was 170lbs with 9% bf but it was most likely due to the amount of exercise I was doing as an athlete. Lastly my doctor suggests to help with my depression that I go on a low carb diet but carbs is the only thing keeping me from going small imo. Thanks for reading and helping

As far as cardio you already know all the cool ways to get it from your football practices. About your oatmeal intake, what do you eat it with? or do you eat it dry? I would advice drinking at least 3 liters of water before you do anything right out of bed. When you where playing football did you guys eat a meal as a team before each game? I ask because you needed those long term foods in you to give you energy throughout the game, so eating some fruit before a workout is good but you need to up that food intake like eating some of that oatmeal before a workout shake it up and drink it before. I have seen guys at the gym sit at the bar and down 2 or 3 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and down it with a pint of milk and then hit the weights and they are beefed and cut up. Be sure to eat alot of fiber foods through your day too, because a happy and healthy colon is a productive colon that will last you a long time. As far as your depression keep it natural and dont take meds for it, keep yourself busy and productive and help out your buddies on the team by cheering your head off at the games and it will go away.

Back