Calories in < Calories out? I need someone to enlighten me! :)

Hymers

Ok guys so im going to say i have literally no idea about the basics of loosing fat.
So i did some research into it and ive heard a lot of people say you need to burn more calories then you're consuming. Now that sounds insane to me, perhaps because i don't know what im talking about OR ive got it totally wrong lol.

So this is my daily nutrient intake
Calories= 2056
Protein= 260g
Carbs= 160g
Fats= 43g

Now if im to understand this you need to burn more calories then you take in? so i need to cardio and weight train insane and burn off 2k calories to loose fat? this sounds insane and im seriously hoping im very wrong lmao but can someone put me strait and tell me what i need to burn off to loose fat?

Enlighten me guys! :)

Also some personal data ..
Weight - 220lbs (roughly)
Body Fat - 20%
Height - 5ft10" (i think lol)

Also on Masteron Prop atm if that is needed.

Cheers in advance! :)

Hi,

Not to flame but you say you have no idea of nutrition/losing fat (fair enough, everyone's got to start somewhere) but yet your on AAS? :Pat:

Anyway, the basic idea of losing fat is that your calories out has to be bigger than your calories in, by this I mean say you are taking in 2000 calories and you burn 2500 calories, there is a 500 calorie deficit, the energy you get is taken from fat stores. You dont only burn calories by training, you burn calories by everything - sleeping, walking, talking even digesting food.

To burn 2500 calories, yes you need to do High Intensity Interval Cardio (HIIT) for 30 minutes to an hour and also weight training - compound lifts like squats, deadlifts.etc Do the HIIT after doing weight training as growth hormone and testosterone will be flowing around your body burning more calories, making the cardio more effective. Train 5 times a week with 2 rest days, combined with a correct nutrition plan you will be set.

1 pound of pure fat contains 3500 calories so you need a 500 calorie deficit to lose a pound of pure fat a week, keep the deficit anywhere between 500 - 1000 calories, any more you will be burning muscle.

There a lot of good threads and stickies in the diet forum for you to read, and the search button is really helpful :)

If you want professional help, talk to 3J

Best of luck,
Lloyd

Last edited:
You will burn about 1700-2200 calories just from resting all day, depending on your age and sex. This is called your Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR). Anything else you do on top of this burns more calories. So with a little weight lifting and cardio, you should be in a calorie deficit (which means burning more calories than you consume).

On a side note, I have never understood where the 3500 calories comes from. If one pound = 454 grams and each gram of fat has 9 calories, then isn't a pound of fat about 4090 calories? I feel like I'm missing the connection to get to the 3500. Anyone care to explain?

You will burn about 1700-2200 calories just from resting all day, depending on your age and sex. This is called your Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR). Anything else you do on top of this burns more calories. So with a little weight lifting and cardio, you should be in a calorie deficit (which means burning more calories than you consume).

Forgot to mention specifically about BMR and TDEE, the BMR can differ a lot from person to person though

On a side note, I have never understood where the 3500 calories comes from. If one pound = 454 grams and each gram of fat has 9 calories, then isn't a pound of fat about 4090 calories? I feel like I'm missing the connection to get to the 3500. Anyone care to explain?

I don't know the science but it just is, there are many references, sources, tests, that can be found that proves it

hes not even on test, just mast prop....
GET OFF THE AAS!
you have ALOT to learn.
and NO calorie in is not calorie out. carbs, fats and proteins differ on body effect, but yes overall how many calories your taking in does still matter.
cardio and working out does MINIMAL for fatloss (added fatloss) i get trim mostly on diet alterations (less-no sugar in spring, less carbs over all, slightly less cals, just for eg)
just beaing alive sitting around burns most of your calories for the day.
im not saying dont workout or do cardio DO IT! its healthy for you and that would = better fatloss.

you have a HECK of alot to learn right now, there is no simple way, give it a few months of research , then implement it, then a year later (atleast) while working out MAYBE look at aas.

right now you will only hurt yourself, you dontknow what your doing aas wise, OR diet wise.

good luck

Ok guys so im going to say i have literally no idea about the basics of loosing fat.
So i did some research into it and ive heard a lot of people say you need to burn more calories then you're consuming. Now that sounds insane to me, perhaps because i don't know what im talking about OR ive got it totally wrong lol.

So this is my daily nutrient intake
Calories= 2056
Protein= 260g
Carbs= 160g
Fats= 43g

Now if im to understand this you need to burn more calories then you take in? so i need to cardio and weight train insane and burn off 2k calories to loose fat? this sounds insane and im seriously hoping im very wrong lmao but can someone put me strait and tell me what i need to burn off to loose fat?

Enlighten me guys! :)

Also some personal data ..
Weight - 220lbs (roughly)
Body Fat - 20%
Height - 5ft10" (i think lol)

Also on Masteron Prop atm if that is needed.

Cheers in advance! :)

dude you will easyly burn 1500-2500cal just from being alive............
you need to put in alot of research and stop aas

You can take Mast on its own, im not looking for gains. And well i don't know that much about cutting, i know more then i let on but i wanted the basics etc because ive been bulking for about 2 years, and haven't really had the need to get into the cutting side of things now. So i wanted reassuring but seems ive just got hate haha

The micros i put down is my new diet or cut, after my weight training i do 20min of cardio and HIT around once a week. I know fat loss is 80% diet and 20% working out / cardio

Training for 4 years (in reply to the people who have said i need to train 5 times a week, i know how to train)

But one thing im not sure of is why would i get my thyroid checked?

Apart from the hostile attitude (or so it came across as) thanks for the info :)

Last edited:
You can take Mast on its own, im not looking for gains. And well i don't know that much about cutting, i know more then i let on but i wanted the basics etc because ive been bulking for about 2 years, and haven't really had the need to get into the cutting side of things now. So i wanted reassuring but seems ive just got hate haha

The micros i put down is my new diet or cut, after my weight training i do 20min of cardio and HIT around once a week. I know fat loss is 80% diet and 20% working out / cardio

Training for 4 years (in reply to the people who have said i need to train 5 times a week, i know how to train)

But one thing im not sure of is why would i get my thyroid checked?

Apart from the hostile attitude (or so it came across as) thanks for the info :)

you cna also run oral only cycle but that doesnt make it right.
when you use mast, your body shuts down its natural production of testosterone, that is needed for MANY functions in the body, besides muscle.
doing mast or any aas without a test base it stupid and reckless.
can you... yes... you can also run Winstrol (winny) for 10 weeks and maybe not die, but its STILL HURTING YOU MORE THEN IT NEEDS TO BE, anf thats reckless.
you DONT know what you are doing and i DO think you should stopp aas till you learn more on the subject and nutrition.
i didnt mean to come off hostel

your wrong, that simple.
but i do wish you the best

AND you not looking for gains and using aas... you think mast or aas will make you lose fat.... trust me you are WAY off base.... I feel bad for you, but hope that you keep an open mind and dont take away form yourself what you COULD learn from this forum.

good luck

ps. people use it to cut because you hold less water..not it MAKEING you lose fast, and its with dieting... test is still better for fatloss because your bidy works wi... im done.
please for your sake keep researching, even if you think im an ass hole now.

Back