Can Coconut Oil be used to make gear...

Can coconut oil ever be used to make gear. Has it ever been done as I don't really see a problem with it seeing that MCT Oil is derived from the coconut. What will be the complications? Will the gear go bunk if the oil solidifies?

Can coconut oil ever be used to make gear. Has it ever been done as I don't really see a problem with it seeing that MCT Oil is derived from the coconut. What will be the complications? Will the gear go bunk if the oil solidifies?

I dont see why not In the summer time I make gear with fresh watermelon juice

View attachment 553267
Cowboy your the idiot why in the fuck would you use coconut oil? Have you seen it and how it gets hard when it dries? Your question was a little retarded thats why I responded that way . No need to cry about it.

Actually, this is a great question. And it's a question that the pharmaceutical companies starting asking year ago, when they were looking for advanced carrier compounds. You're thoughts are in the right place :)

Coconut oil is still a little to saturated, and this is why it solidified at room temp. On the other hand, fractionating the coconut oil is a high sheer process that makes the oil into a MCT. Coconut oil contains lauric acid, which you absolutely do not want in a carrier. I wouldn't recommend a MCT either. Pure MCT is nothing more that caprylic acid and capric acid, and the pharmaceutical companies have determined that while it has many health benefits for an abundance of reasons.....being a carrier oil for a pharmaceutical active ingredient isn't one of them. However, now the pharmaceutical community actually take the "Di-esters" of of caprylic and capric, and combine it with Propylene glycol to make some pretty expensive "carries". PM me if you'd like to go deeper into the rabbit hole.

Back