can some one please answer my question?

tweeter

my brother has Thyroid problems and he was thinking about taking some d-dol and maybe some test? my question is will it hurt him? by Thyroid problems i mean that when he was born he's had problems with his Thyroid not working properly, and or not working so he still taking medications for that problem will Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) hurt him at all? just want to make sure he's okay. thanks
tweeter

tweeter said:
my brother has Thyroid problems and he was thinking about taking some d-dol and maybe some test? my question is will it hurt him? by Thyroid problems i mean that when he was born he's had problems with his Thyroid not working properly, and or not working so he still taking medications for that problem will Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) hurt him at all? just want to make sure he's okay. thanks
tweeter

I know t3 has some negatives on folks who take it with a thyroid problem, extreme weight gain (not good LBM either). Your body can become catabolic and it'll lose muscle. Has he been diagnosed hypothyrodial and if so, is he taking a hormone replacement? I'm nowhere near a doctor and would suggest doing some research on as many boards as you can find. Wish I could help more.

:confused:

go ask the his normal doctor? he isnt stating that he is doing steroids so it wont go in his file, but he will get the run around about how bad steroids are and shit, sit through that. then ask the doctor what complications it could have with his medicine.

if none, then he can start something. but it sounds like he is young, and does he train HARD, or just wimpily work out? when i say train HARD i mean, diet, rest, not overtraining, and supplement himself?
all this has to be in check to even consider steroids.

yea he's 20 so a good age has been training for a goor 3 or 4 years! he used to take celltec but nothing else really. hes like 5'8 155-160 he has just seen how much i have gained and he had some gear so he wanted to try some d-bol. i told him not to but he wants so hes going to do what hes going to do! but i just wanted to make sure hell be okay.
thanks
tweeter

You need to consult one of the docs on here to be for sure. If I were you I would try to educate him on how to eat properly first, then think about starting anabolics later in life.

As far as I know, the only steroid affecting the thyroid is trenbolone. So stay away from tren. Other than that, I don't see why it would be a problem.

xtinct said:
As far as I know, the only steroid affecting the thyroid is trenbolone. So stay away from tren. Other than that, I don't see why it would be a problem.

...and oxandrolone...

AS can cause mild thyroidal impairment.
AS in general lower TBG which leads to lower total T3 & T4...
Free T4 & T3 are usually not affected.. the effect is reversible, it takes a few weeks for TBG to retun to baseline value

Ingestion of Androgenic-Anabolic Steroids Induces Mild Thyroidal Impairment in Male Body Builders

ROMAN DEYSSIG AND MICHAEL WEISSEL
Third Medical University Clinic and L. Boltzmann Institute for Nuclear Medicine, A-1090 Vienna, Austria

..."We conclude that the results of our study show that high doses of androgenic-anabolic steroids, as are used by some athletes, may impair thyroid function to an extent that is not clinically detectable and probably not relevant..."

------------------------------------

Feldman EB, Carter AC. 1960 Endocrinologic and metabolic effects of 17-alpha-methyl-19-nortestosterone in women.
J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 20:842-857

Keitel H, Sherer MG. 1957 Marked depression of the plasma protein-bound iodine concentration in the absence of clinical hypothyroidism during testosterone medication.
J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 17~854-861.

Federman DD, Robbins J, Rall JE. 1958 Effects of methyl testosterone on thyroid function, thyroxine metabolism and thyroxine binding protein.
J Clin Invest. 37:1024-1030.

Kochakian CD, Evans WW. 1956 The iodine metabolism of the thyroid of androgen treated rats.
Endocrinology. 104:279-292.

Engbring NH, Engstrom WW. 1959 Effects of estrogen and testosterone on circulating thyroid hormone.
J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 19:783-796.

Alin M, Rahkila P, Rein&i M, Vihko R. 1987 Androgenic-anabolic
steroid effects on serum thyroid, pituitary and steroid hormones in
athletes. Am J Sports Med. 15:357-361.

Last edited:
Back