Cardio and Weight lifting help?

G

GuitarMan987

I do circuit trianing, so 6x/week I weight lift then jog. Wonder if there are any tips you guys know as to whether jogging before work out would do me better, or stick with working out before jogging?

if anything jog after.

jogging anything more than a 5 or 10 minute warmup before would just deplete your energy levels and leave you with a shitty workout.

I've read a lot of places there are two times to jog to cut fat. early a.m. before food and right after your workout. not sure if theres any truth to this.

there will probably be a few guys come in and say that cardio after lifting is bad cause you're in a "catabolic state" but i see nothing wrong with a good half hour jog. just don't make it a marathon.

Thanks my dude, ill stick to that then, after all I am dropping weight with the jogging afterwards anyways and i feel great! Not sure if it's a mentality thing, but thanks for the response :spin:

I do circuit training once a day, 6x/week, ~20%BF, 5'9, 205lbs, goal is 10%-12%BF intaking 1600-1800cal/day with the right nutrients, got a good multi-vitamin, ~80g protein a day.

I do circuit training once a day, 6x/week, ~20%BF, 5'9, 205lbs, goal is 10%-12%BF intaking 1600-1800cal/day with the right nutrients, got a good multi-vitamin, ~80g protein a day.

That sounds like a bit much. How long have you been weight training for and do you vary your current circuit(s)?

I think one reason that cardio after weight training is more beneficial (aside form a 10min warmup) is You can burn up you glycogen stores with the weights, which need to be used up before burning fat/calories anyways. And also come in more handy for the weights. After a good 45-60 min weight lifting session you glycogen stores should be exhausted and you will get better results from you cardio session.

I split my session into twice a day, seem to work for me I do weights 4 x week and moderate cardio 6 days, I do my weights at noon and then the 30 min cardio session at 8pm. and I take Sundays off.

Cardio after weight training if your trying to build muscle. Diet is obviously the most important factor.

Back