Chicken, Yam, & Veggie Delight!

MuscleAddiction

Beast ***e!!!
I am always trying new recipes that are healthy and tasty for both myself and the family...without killing them off with chicken and broccoli! So I created this very simple recipe that not only will cover dinner, but will give you leftovers for your next day meals at work or school...

2 lbs. Ground Chicken (I use Smart Chicken, the taste is great)
5 lrg. Jewel Yams
2 heads of Broccoli
4-5 Zuchinni

In a large skillet brown the ground chicken over medium-high heat...wash, peel, and dice (1/2 cubes) Jewel Yams and toss in olive oil, spread onto a cookie sheet and bake in the oven at 400 degrees for 20 minutes...I sprinkle sea salt or you can season with garlic salt...or leave them well enough alone, it's up to you. Cut up veggies and set aside (I cut zuchinni into rounds and broccoli the usual way...pieces ).

Once the chicken is done (slightly browned) and the yams are done, remove yams from oven and place majority of them in skillet with chicken and mix together, then in an even layer put cut up veggies on top of chicken and potatoes, cover and cook on medium heat for 5 minutes, then mix all of it together in skillet and cover and cook additional 5 minutes...DO NOT overcook the veggies as you want them to be crunchy and warm. Remove from heat and enjoy!

I always make enough to make sure I have meals for the next day, and my little girl (who is 6 and in kindergarten) like to take some to school in a thermos for lunch too!! She loves daddy's cooking!

Give it a try, you will find out that it does not need much spice, salt or anything due to the yams give it all the flavor you need!!

Back