China Busts F-ing everything up!

Heres the article I had previously read on another board.

U.S., China Customs Agree to Combat Global Trade in Counterfeit Goods

(Wednesday, May 23, 2007)
contacts for this news release

Washington – U.S. Customs and Border Protection Commissioner W. Ralph Basham and Mu Xinsheng, Minister of Customs for the General Administration of Customs of the People’s Republic of China, signed an agreement yesterday to strengthen enforcement of intellectual property rights laws.

The agreement provides for exchanges of seizure information on counterfeit goods between customs staff of the two nations designed to improve intellectual property rights enforcement. CBP and China Customs have pledged to increase visits to each other’s offices and ports by both policy and operational staff engaged in intellectual property rights enforcement.

This agreement was reached coinciding with the second meeting of the U.S.-China Strategic Economic Dialogue, a meeting with Chinese officials and leaders of multiple federal agencies to review economic development. Presidents Bush and President Hu Jintao of the People’s Republic of China launched the dialogue on these matters in September 2006.

"I am very pleased that CBP will have the opportunity to work hand in hand with China Customs in combating illegal trade in counterfeit and pirated goods,” said CBP Commissioner W. Ralph Basham. “This memorandum of cooperation on intellectual property rights, which will benefit both our economies, represents an important step in working with China Customs to target counterfeit and pirated goods. I appreciate Minister Mu's strong support of this important work and look forward to working closely with him on this endeavor."

The memorandum calls for an increase in the sharing of intellectual property rights enforcement practices between CBP and China Customs. Intellectual property rights laws protect owners of such items as copyrights, trademarks, patents and trade secrets from the unauthorized use of their brands or original works.

Officials have agreed to exchange information on significant intellectual property rights seizures each quarter in order to track violators and conduct enforcement actions. The country receiving information will have 90 days to report to the providing country on enforcement actions resulting from this disclosure of information.

U.S. and Chinese Customs officials have pledged to exchange counterfeit and pirated goods seizure statistics every six months for goods originating in or destined for the other country. The statistics exchange will describe the number of seizures, quantity and value of goods, description and/or Harmonized Tariff Schedule classification of the commodities, mode of transportation and the main ports of import and export for the goods in the two countries.

Yesterday’s agreement follows an increase of intellectual property rights seizures for the fiscal year 2006. CBP and Immigration and Customs Enforcement, two agencies of the Department of Homeland Security, made 14,675 seizures of counterfeit goods worth more than $155 million in domestic value in fiscal year 2006. This represents an 83 percent increase in the number of seizures from fiscal year 2005 and a 67 percent increase in the value of those seizures for the same period.

As the primary agency responsible for U.S. border enforcement, CBP is a key player in intellectual property rights enforcement. To combat intellectual property rights theft, CBP has diversified its enforcement to include new approaches that complement traditional techniques focused on identifying and seizing counterfeit and pirated goods at U.S. borders. The agency has developed innovative methods such as risk modeling to identify high-risk shipments for border inspection, and expanded its efforts beyond border seizures by conducting intellectual property rights audits of importers. In addition, CBP works with trademark and copyright owners to protect intellectual property rights at the border, and with foreign governments and international organizations to enhance customs enforcement internationally.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection is the unified border agency within the Department of Homeland Security charged with the management, control and protection of our nation's borders at and between the official ports of entry. CBP is charged with keeping terrorists and terrorist weapons out of the country while enforcing hundreds of U.S. laws.

mranak said:
Relax, huh? What about after the busts start in again? It'll happen; only a matter of time. This is serious business that is very illegal; don't underestimate it.

While I strongly agree with the management on this issue, I don't run things around here, so if you have a problem then take it up with the management.

Myself? I stay the hell away from open source boards.

Wow, touchy, touchy. I'm not underestimating anything here. I'm just saying that there isnt anything happening here on ology worth LE's time. They've got their hands full with a S load of other boards was what I was trying to say.

frankiedawrench said:
EXACTLY!!

Do you think if steroids weren't so blatantly advertised on open source boards, including domestic UGLs that the government would be cracking down like they are?

Watch the open source boards fall over the next couple of years....

esp the one running its own UGL and GH lab....they're gonna be doing 10-20 years soon enough.

For every one board thats closed down 2 more will open just like it. Where theres $ to be made, it will keep going on. And the last statement was an awfully bold one bud. I'd try and keep opinions like that to yourself.

WTF cant the borders fight actual terrorism and mexicans. wtf does china have to do with anything

getting busted wouldn't be the problem; making raw steroids at a competitive cost would be. why would you set up a lab making testosterone or analogs that sell for less than $1 a gram wholesale when you could just as easily make recreational drugs that sell for $100 a gram or more in bulk? The penalties for getting caught are about the same, so why bother risking your freedom for less money?

mw101 said:
For every one board thats closed down 2 more will open just like it. Where theres $ to be made, it will keep going on. And the last statement was an awfully bold one bud. I'd try and keep opinions like that to yourself.

Why is that bold???

frankiedawrench said:
Why is that bold???
Because I think it is. There are MANY people who enjoy such board and I dont think they would appreciate it. This isnt the convo lounge FDW. I was just stating my opinion. And if you werent aware of it "they" arent the only board with their own lab and HGH. There are many, and all are based over seas.

Yeah, but its open source boards like that that are bringing heat into the game. And whether or not they're based overseas they're still running a domestic service. Distributing illegal drugs openly on the web, not the smartest move, which is why I'll happily stick by my statement...soon enough they will go down.

Thoms said:
Boy, when China cracks down on the farmaceutical industry, they really mean it.
Zheng Xiaoju, former head of the State Food and Drug Administration, just received a death sentence for being bribed to export inferior pharmaceuticals,
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/6699441.stm

This guy, who got death penalty recenty, is due to bribes and helped some pharmaceuticals factories new drugs smoothly coming into market. Drug market is huge in China, when your new drug approved officially, that means you have half success primarily. So there have been trade between officials and businessmen for long time. They give you big help, you also give them benefits. hehe, corruption is every where.

i have conversed with other co. from china with no issue in getting product - companys you have heard of, sounds legit, are they only rearching for certain brands??

Im not sure whats going on buy my guy is now only doing small powders orders, no vials , and said he thinks the powder biz is going down...

conan the barbarian said:
i sent money on a monday and received my powders on a thursday. this was from china to the uk. i dont think there is a problem.

Maybe that's 'cause the trouble is with shipments to the US.

Back