Cold cutt meats as a Protein source????

eagles

So my diet consists of 5 meals a day. I incorperate one sandwitch as a meal in my diet. its fast and filling. Now is the protein in the cold cutts( which wud be chicken breast or turkeybreast) considered a good source of protein, and the whole wheat bread as well. Im wondering cuz its fast, cheap n includes protein/carbs, but im iffy if this is nutritional to add on a highprotein diet.

cold cuts are generally not nutritious. They are usually high in fat and have tons of sodium. I'd say chicken and turkey are better than beef and definitely pork, but fresh, lean meat is always number 1.

fit it into your macros, watch the sodium very closely. Wash the meats to reduce the sodium count significantly. Try not to make it the main source of your protein

Instead of cold cuts, why not have a chicken breast on a bun/bread

Better quality, less fat, less sodium

Then again, a sandwich is a better option than a big mac.

cold cuts are fine. I wouldnt base my diet around them, but you dont have to be an OCD fucktard and eat nothing but plain, saltless organic free range grilled chicken breasts all day.

decent cold cuts have about 1g of fat per serving, and sodium matters for about 11 people on the planet - chances of you being one of them is pretty small.

just inform all u guys that i dont base my whole diet around it. to me its considered as "one sandwich" one meal.... and thats only throughout the week. i do it because im at work, and i can pop out a nice sandwitch at break and feed my buddy. 2 hrs later shud be lunch and i wud have an actual meal. the nutrition stats are pritty good with the cold cutts. its like 1 gr fat, and like 20+ grams of protein for like two slices. plus im getting protein from the bunns i get too... usually its the weekends i have a better diet.

Suareezay said:
holy fuck you must have boring cheats.

dude my cheat meals i go all out.... chinese food :spin: keg steaks!!! mmmmmm, fuckn this vietnemes noodle soup... its called "pho", that soup is awesome, they put lean beef in it, with noodles, meatballs, shrimp w/e, and fills u up!! plus im portuguese, my mom is a chef so she makes the sickest food!! im european so i get fed like crazy...

Back