Conceiving on TRT after two years without HCG

BigStu81

Hey guys, how's it going?

I'm sure this has been discussed before but I've created my own thread as I'm in the UK, hence facing a different set of options (or lack of them it seems!).

I've been on TRT for around two years. Initially gel but recently 125mg sustanon a week (although I often take around 180mg). I'm on the NHS which means I get my treatment for free, but unfortunately HCG is unheard of over here. My nuts have shrunk pretty small which doesn't really bother me aesthetically but can't be good for fertility.

I've been in a serious relationship for about a year now and she wants to have kids at some point. The NHS view is pretty much that there's nothing to 'preserve' as your balls aren't really functioning anyway. The standard protocol is to come off TRT and onto Clomid. My issue is that I REALLY don't want to have to come off! I've done it for a week before and it was horrible. I'm 37.5 now and have finally got into shape and forged a career/life I enjoy over the last two years, and I really want to enjoy at least the last few years of my 30s, having felt shit/been a slob throughout my 20s and early/mid 30s.

I also drive HGVs for a living and I'm really not too keen on doing this whilst feeling crap - I've already had several idiots walk out in front of me who would undoubtedly have been squashed had I not been quick to react. Driving a 44 tonner in busy urban areas feels like a bad move if I'm feeling anywhere near as rough as I did when I last went cold turkey for a week (and presumably it would get worse than it was!).

I'm looking for suggestions. Might I be able to reverse things if I get on HCG/HMG now or is it likely too late to reverse the shut down without coming off? And is it cost effective to do it indefinitely, like maybe for two years? I feel like I need to be honest with my partner soon as she won't want to hang around if kids aren't in scope (and I really don't want to come off!).

Last edited:
Plenty of bros on here have personal experience with this and will surely chime in. Thought I'd give my take on it. If I wanted to have a child and i were not going to stop taking test.....then i would get some hcg and take 250 twice per week. I would take clomid at 50mg per day for a week and then 25mg per day for however long it takes to conceive.

Personal observations......I am on trt and I cycle once every 6 months. I take clomid with my trt but sometimes I discontinue use for short periods off time. When I go on cycle my testicles shrink slightly and the volume of my ejaculate DRASTICALLY decreases, as in there is almost none. At that point I take clomid and the volume of ejaculate comes back pretty quickly. I tell this story a lot on here because I think it's an interesting response that is not talked about enough.

Again.....I'm not sure any of that would help but its what I would try. Also, I have never taken any hcg. I suggested it based on what some other bros in here have shared.

No matter what happens please get back with us and let us know what happens. You could really help a lot of people here.

Good luck and God bless

Thanks for the replies guys!

I'm not yet trying to conceive, probs a year or two off, but need to think about it now as longer I wait the more shutdown I'll likely become.

It shouldn't be a problem. When the time comes just drop your T injection and do HCG mono therapy until you get prego. If a couple months goes by and it doesn't happen (highly unlikely) then drop the HCG and start clomid.

Hope this helps.

Over here HCG is really pretty cheap. I would recommend you start taking it twice per week, and keep on doing so indefinitely. I have my doubts 250 2x per week would be enough, since you've already shrunken pretty badly. Maybe try 500 2x per week.

As was mentioned above (for clomid) adding that to your TRT will ramp up your testosterone, and as a result also your E2. You will likely have to start taking an AI to keep the E2 in check.

Ok, cheers guys. Really appreciate the advice. With the mono therapy, do I need to have already been on a low dose or can I just start when I want to conceive? I think my consultant (previously my private doc but also an NHS consultant) will be able to prescribe me HCG but it wouldn't be until I want to conceive.

Just buy it yourself, it's super cheap. Don't know if PSL is still a sponsor here, but that's where I get it with shipping from Europe. If you want to maximize your odds starting taking it now and keep doing so. Better to keep your balls humming along at a low rate than to let them atrophy, which is a nice word for the cells dying.

That much Clomid is going to skyrocket his E, 25 per day is too much.

Sorry......but someone would have to explain and or prove this one to me. Clomid occupies the estrogen receptors and makes your body think you need more estrogen.....thus testosterone is produced. I know many many people on this protocol....some take clomid only for trt at a dose of 25 to 50 per day every single day for years on end. Not sure where this statement come from. Broscience I assume? Clomid has never raised my estrogen ever. It has only raised my test....SIGNIFICANTLY.

When your test goes up you will convert some to estrogen but as long as your test isn't too high then neither should your estrogen. Higher testosterone equals higher estrogen. The ratio is where the majic happens. Clomid by itself is unlikely to make you produce over the high range of normal production. Again.....I encourage you to try clomid when the time comes because it helps restore natural production of testosterone AND sperm. Lots of medical journals and tests out there that prove it. 25mg is a low dose but extremely effective if taken daily....due to the half life.

Good luck bro

Last edited:
Well, after a brief search on eroids (admittedly without shopping around much) HCG looks to be a fairly expensive but doable option.

What would be the repercussion of taking it weekly for several years? I'm assuming they're manageable as many US brothers seem to have it included as standard in their TRT protocol.

The repercussion is you will make a bit more testosterone. Might push you into needing a very small dose of AI.

Back