controlling myogenic hyperplasia with peptides

israelbur

View attachment 550290View attachment 550289

FGF=fibroblast growth factor
sidenote: fgf has a high degree of amino acid identity but has been classified as a "distinct mitogen"

Conversion of myoblasts into muscles in culture. (A) Determination of myotome cells by paracrine factors. (B) Committed myoblasts divide in the presence of growth factors (primarily FGFs), but show no obvious muscle-specific proteins. (C-D) When the growth factors are used up, the myoblasts cease dividing, align, and fuse into myotubes. (E) The myotubes become organized into muscle fibers that spontaneously contract.

(F) Autoradiograph showing DNA synthesis in myoblasts and the exit of fusing cells from the cell cycle. Phospholipase C can ***8220;freeze***8221; myoblasts after they have aligned with other myoblasts, but before their membranes fuse. Cultured myoblasts were treated with phospholipase C and then exposed to radioactive thymidine. Unattached myoblasts still divide and incorporate the radioactive thymidine into their DNA. Aligned (but not yet fused) cells (arrows) do not incorporate the label. (Drawings after Wolpert 1998; photograph from Nameroff and Munar 1976, courtesy of M. Nameroff.)

Hyperplasia in Humans
Muscle cell splitting, as seen in users of growth-enhancement drugs, or steroids, produces damage to the muscle fibers, requiring new muscle fibers to grow and replace the defunct ones. Hyperplasia is also seen in pregnant women's abdominal muscles, due to the rapid increase in size.

Repetitions
In the early 1980s, scientists Tesch and Larrson conducted a study examining the size of muscular fibers of a variety of exercisers. The studies, through muscle fiber biopsy, proved that power-lifters -- who use low reps and high weight -- had the largest muscle fibers. This is a result of hypertrophy, or a change in cell size. The bodybuilders -- who use higher reps and lower weight -- had smaller fibers, but more of them, contributing to their equally large muscle size.

Alright! I have a few questions for those of you that are better versed in biochemistry than me.

#1: I have always been interested in using peptides for muscle growth so any information you can give me will be useful.
#2:hypothetically if I were in a state of hypertrophy through conventional means i.e. creatine to increase myofiber volume and antagonistic supersets of main muscle groups, combined with a change in excersise format and technique which peptides are from your personal experience the best for growth?

Last edited:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1571137/

This is a very interesting article regarding satellite cells and their response to some of the five types of trauma that cause myogenesis. includes information on IGF-I

setantacollege.com/wp-content/uploads/Journal_db/Does%20exercise-induced%20muscle%20damage%20play%20a%20role%20in%20skeletal%20muscle%20hypertrophy.pdf

Great article relating to Exercise induced muscle damage and how it relates to igf-1 release and other peptides

Last edited:
Back