Core Lifts

longtimer

If you wanted to do just the core lifts for a couple of weeks what would you do as your sets of lifts?

LT

Deadlifts, Squats, Barbell Rows, Flat Bench, stiffy deads... Those are as core as it gets for me... Maybe Leg Press...

C-ditty

Yea that's what I am talking about, reducing it to the core for a change up and then go to a 5x5 of these and then go back to your old routine.

Anybody else with a different set of core lifts?

LT

longtimer said:
Yea that's what I am talking about, reducing it to the core for a change up and then go to a 5x5 of these and then go back to your old routine.

Anybody else with a different set of core lifts?

LT

Actually thats what Im doing this month since Im "off" everything and want to focus just on core movements, not the madman workout I was doing before. Im deciding I cant train like I do while on which is obvious but it just wouldnt get through this thick head.

Cool Projection -

I started with the core set today and will go for a month this way, go to 5x5 for a month and then be ready for my old routine or something new in April or May.

LT

Bench, Deads, Cleans, Squats, and Chins

I love to go extremely heavy in these! If your trying to get some strength, Id do sets of triples increasing weight each time, and then drop to singles and max out.

If its more for mass then I would follow the old 12,10,8,6,4,2 method while adding weight between each set.

Call me a minimalist but I would go with the big three...Deads, Militarys and squats and maybe some bench.

TH

i would go with deads, incline bench, squat, power clean, farmers walk, military press and weighted pullups. Or as one of my friends does for strongman training. He does one of the big 3, then an olympic lift, then a push exercise like a military press or jerk. This has worked really well for him, but these types or routines are usually person specific.

i wouldnt fuck with an all heavy core lift routine, unless you have a reason to. do you powerlift? do you play any sports? are you getting payed to destroy your joints. do em to break out of a plateau, but dont sustain the routine, unless theres a good reason. JMO

Back