Could you live in a 3rd world coutry?

A whole lot simpler I would say. I have friends abroad volunteering and they love the way the kids especially teach them to appreciate the simple things in life.

As long as they have a quality gym I;m gtg.:) Oh and good food and clean drinking water. A GNC would be a plus as well.

No I couldn't.

1/ My specific job only exists in about 4 countries in the world (Australia, NZ, Singapore, England - probably USA eventually)
2/ Access to medicine, clean water, education, government support should I need it is very appealing
3/ Technology enhances my world
4/ Lack of sanitation is a shit way to die...

edit: but if I had to, I could. I'd just hate it and want out.

Could you live in a 3rd world country and be happy?
Does spending a month crawling through brush at 10,000 feet with a bow count? I can live without technology for awhile, but a lack of hot showers and real food takes quite the toll after awhile.

I've been in Iraq and Afghanistan living in some pretty gawd awful conditions unlike a lot of the joes who had access to some creature comforts and adapted quite well. As long as I had the short list of things below I'd be GTG.
1. Access to pharmaceutical grade gear and nolvadex
2. A good gym
3. clean water to drink and bathe in
4. a very physically attractive woman to romp with on a every 72 hours basis
5. high powered assault weapons and unlimited ammo
6. immunity

I've been in Iraq and Afghanistan living in some pretty gawd awful conditions unlike a lot of the joes who had access to some creature comforts and adapted quite well. As long as I had the short list of things below I'd be GTG.
1. Access to pharmaceutical grade gear and nolvadex
2. A good gym
3. clean water to drink and bathe in
4. a very physically attractive woman to romp with on a every 72 hours basis
5. high powered assault weapons and unlimited ammo
6. immunity
Thanks for sharing and for all that you brothers do for us.
I guess where i live is good to go for me then since every other corner there are the 6 points that you have previously mentioned, lol.

Last edited:
I don't know. I've never been in the service and the only places I've been to out of this country is the Islands and Jamaica. But I know I would need the following:
1. electricity
2. running hot n cold water
3. medicine that I need
4. A/C for sure... ha!! ya think I was spoiled

These ^^^ things are the real necessities for me.

Yes, I grew up in one for years. I was born here in NY and taken to the Dominican Republic at the age of 1. Went to pre school and kindergarten there all while living on the country side taking poops in letrines and riding horses from school to home. Maybe cuz I was a child and had more innocence and didn't know what it was like to live in a more developed country was probably the reason I was happy. I visited and stayed for a few months and was still very happy. Not pooping in letrines anymore my family stepped it now... Doesn't feel "third world" anymore with these technological advances...

Yes, I grew up in one for years. I was born here in NY and taken to the Dominican Republic at the age of 1. Went to pre school and kindergarten there all while living on the country side taking poops in latrines and riding horses from school to home. Maybe cuz I was a child and had more innocence and didn't know what it was like to live in a more developed country was probably the reason I was happy. I visited and stayed for a few months and was still very happy. Not pooping in latrines anymore my family stepped it now... Doesn't feel "third world" anymore with these technological advances...

True that, great way to grow up. and I would have no problem living there either with those hot Dominican girls with their tan skin and curly dark long hair.

Back