Crashing not fun at all

kirt09

“Crashing” I thought when I read things about crashing when people stop taking test was overrated. A long story short I stopped my testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) because of some ED problems and really bad chest/breast pain and nipple sensitivity. My last shot was on July1. I have been taking nolva until last Friday I am now slowly taper out the Adex over the course of 4-6 weeks. going to 1/2 ED, then 1 mg EOD, then 1/2 EOD, finally 1/2 2 times a week for 2 weeks, then 1 mg once a week to wrap it up on the taper with the help of Cashout on this.

I have to tell you I have a whole new respect for people when they say they are crashing I feel like shit no sex drive no energy in the last month I can barely make it to the gym 1-2 times a week I have always gone 4 days even before I started TRT. What surprises me is when I do make it to the gym I seem to be stronger not sure why other than I am not training as much.

I was thinking of getting some clomid but I am afraid to take anything right now because of the sensitivity witch I think is gyno my E2 is very low last test was July 15 and it was at <12 test was low to but I expected that.

Any advice would be great, has anyone ever done this stop taking test and how long did it take before you where somewhat normal???

Kirt: Unfortunately I don't have any advice to give. But I was curious about something as I read your post. What was your blood work like before you started testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) and how long have you been on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT)? I hope you start feeling better soon.

That doesn't sound like anything Cashout would suggest because from what I have read from his Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) exit strategy, he says that clomid and nolva would be of little use w/o Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) first to get the testes working again.. I would go back and read through his entire 'exit strategy' thread again if I was in your shoes. I believe It got moved to the cycle forum.. It's a good read.. Best of luck

Kirt: Unfortunately I don't have any advice to give. But I was curious about something as I read your post. What was your blood work like before you started testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) and how long have you been on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT)? I hope you start feeling better soon.

Megatron28
I had my test levels checked 2 times before going on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) the first test it came back at 180 the next one came in at 350. The doctor really didn't want to put me on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) he said at the time it may not do much for me I was on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) for 9 months the big thing that mad me take a break is the problem I am still having with gyno or what ever I have. Its been almost 3 month and my chest still hearts and my nipples are very sensitive to where my shirt rubbing on them all day drives my crazy.

That doesn't sound like anything Cashout would suggest because from what I have read from his Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) exit strategy, he says that clomid and nolva would be of little use w/o Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) first to get the testes working again.. I would go back and read through his entire 'exit strategy' thread again if I was in your shoes. I believe It got moved to the cycle forum.. It's a good read.. Best of luck

TR2838

You are very right about cashouts Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) exit strategy I know all about it, my problem is the gyno problem I am dealing with until I can finger this out I am very unsure about taking anything else and am taking the cold turkey path of getting off testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) and I would not recommended this.

Any advice from you or anyone about what I can do about this pain and sensitive in you chest would be very welcome this has been going on for almost 3 months and my doctor has been very little help.

Last edited:
If any of you guys could help it would be great. How do you stop the pain and sensitivity of gyno as I stated above its been almost 3 months and the nolva and Adex are not working?

What was your TRT protocol before you quit. Did you take anything else that would have caused your prolactin to rise? Were you taking deca by chance?

What was your TRT protocol before you quit. Did you take anything else that would have caused your prolactin to rise? Were you taking deca by chance?

methos

The only thing I was taking was test C 100mg a week. Then all at once I had sever chest pain and sensitivity. Went to my doctor and he put me on 10mg a day of nolva at this time my E2 was 56 also been using Adex my last blood work my E2 is<12 I have not taking a test shot sense July 1 but this pain and sensitivity will not go away. I go back to my doctor next week but I have called several time and he doesn't want to change anything. I just don't know what to do this is driving me crazy.

I am not sure why your gyno is so persistent. I am very prone to gyno but I can usually combat it with nolva or prami. You were on such a mild dose of Test that I am surprised at how much adex you are taking. The exit protcol you are doing would put me face down in the gutter with a huge estogen crash. Clomid at this point will most likely aromotize and exasperate your problem. I always combine clomid and nolvadex as part of an exit strategy. Did you not take clomid at all? If you developed hard lumps as part of your gyno then perhaps you want to get them checked out. When my were causing a burden they felt like something was trying to fit a gallon of fluid into a something the size of a marble. Hurt like hell.

My only "guess" is that perhaps everythign will calm down once you are off everything... Sorry, no quick solution to offer but I feel for ya having dealt with it myself.

get labs, checl your levels

this is normal anxiety, depression, fatigue, takes time for your natural test to return, Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) or HMG may help

i wonder if letro would help with your chronic gyno . im just throwing things out there.

get labs, checl your levels

this is normal anxiety, depression, fatigue, takes time for your natural test to return, Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) or HMG may help

i wonder if letro would help with your chronic gyno . im just throwing things out there.
clsmth700
My last blood work was about a month ago and my E2 was <12 so I don't think letro will do much I think I have my E2 pretty well crashed. I am starting to feel a little better as for energy and sex drive just need this pain to stop. I do go to the doctor Monday there has to be something he can do this has gone on to long.

I am not sure why your gyno is so persistent. I am very prone to gyno but I can usually combat it with nolva or prami. You were on such a mild dose of Test that I am surprised at how much adex you are taking. The exit protcol you are doing would put me face down in the gutter with a huge estogen crash. Clomid at this point will most likely aromotize and exasperate your problem. I always combine clomid and nolvadex as part of an exit strategy. Did you not take clomid at all? If you developed hard lumps as part of your gyno then perhaps you want to get them checked out. When my were causing a burden they felt like something was trying to fit a gallon of fluid into a something the size of a marble. Hurt like hell.

My only "guess" is that perhaps everythign will calm down once you are off everything... Sorry, no quick solution to offer but I feel for ya having dealt with it myself.

I have not taken any Clomid just the nolva. I luckily don't have any lumps yet just the pain. What do you mean by estogen crash You mean it can get worse?

Sorry to hear about your dilemma.. A friend of mine had some gyno like you're describing and like you couldn't get rid of it with medication.. He got it taken out with surgery.. Sounds scary but it's a minor surgery and he was healed up in about a month..

I think my gyno or what ever was going on with my chest is getting better I have had no pain or sensitivity for 5 days now.

I did talk to my doctor about going back on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) he would like me to not take injections and try gel or one that comes like deodorant just put it under your arm pit said it is a lot more stable.
I did try the gel at first but didn't like to have to put it on everyday.

I know there is a lot of you guys here who say gel will not work and make your E2 go way up in a few months but has anyone ever tried the deodorant style I would think it work work the same as the gel???

I think my gyno or what ever was going on with my chest is getting better I have had no pain or sensitivity for 5 days now.

I did talk to my doctor about going back on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) he would like me to not take injections and try gel or one that comes like deodorant just put it under your arm pit said it is a lot more stable.
I did try the gel at first but didn't like to have to put it on everyday.

I know there is a lot of you guys here who say gel will not work and make your E2 go way up in a few months but has anyone ever tried the deodorant style I would think it work work the same as the gel???

I was prescribed Axirom, i thought it was like a deodorant too but it's not. It's an alcohol based liquid that you dispense into a plastic/rubber cup on top of the plastic bottle the T comes in and you rub it under your armpit but it sucks because 1. it's liquid and thus can drip down as you apply it and 2. if you have kids you have to be extra careful to clean the area you used to apply the liquid in (bathroom sink).

Last I went to the doctor I was talked to about a pellet that gets implanted in your ass cheek which releases T over a 3-6 month timeframe. I haven't heard this mentioned at the boards yet, not sure why but sounds like an OK approach...

I remember women used to have a similar device implanted to release estrogren for birth control purposes.

I was prescribed Axirom, i thought it was like a deodorant too but it's not. It's an alcohol based liquid that you dispense into a plastic/rubber cup on top of the plastic bottle the T comes in and you rub it under your armpit but it sucks because 1. it's liquid and thus can drip down as you apply it and 2. if you have kids you have to be extra careful to clean the area you used to apply the liquid in (bathroom sink).

Last I went to the doctor I was talked to about a pellet that gets implanted in your ass cheek which releases T over a 3-6 month timeframe. I haven't heard this mentioned at the boards yet, not sure why but sounds like an OK approach...

I remember women used to have a similar device implanted to release estrogren for birth control purposes.

Well that's nice to know, I do have kids at home and that why I went to injections over staying on the gel.
Thanks

Back