Cutting Diet.

Popichulo

Alleged Fatass!
So im trying to cut up for about 8 weeks and wanted to see what you all thought of this diet and nutrient breakdown (see attachment). For you guys that dont know me im 6'1 205 est. BF% 14 Ill be doing 30min on treadmill 4-5 Daya a week in the mornings and lifting 4 days a week in the afternoons.

8AM Breakfast:
Oatmeal Low Sugar (Quaker)
Egg, white only, cooked
Egg, whole, cooked

11AM:
Whey Protein
Orange, raw

2PM Lunch
Ground Turkey (Lean)
Wheat Pasta

PWO
Whey Protein
QUAKER, oatmeal, maple and brown sugar

9PM Dinner
Beef steak, braised, lean only eaten
Beans, string, green, raw

12PM Bedtime
Whey Protein

That would leave me starving...for some reason I can't open the pic. What's the cal/protein/fat/carb breakdown?

How much fat are you looking to lose?

outlawtas2 said:
That would leave me starving...for some reason I can't open the pic. What's the cal/protein/fat/carb breakdown?

How much fat are you looking to lose?
F=52g C=191g P=240g = 2,134 kal

Im looking to up the protein perhaps.

There are a few things that I would recommend to you.

Number one, I would do cardio every morning for 45 minutes. I would walk at a moderate pace on the treadmill for 45 minutes before breakfast.

Number two, I don't think that you have enough food in your diet. I don't know how many calories you need, but I can offer a little bit of advice.

In your first two meals of the day I would eat protein and healthy fats only. I would limit any carbohydrates in these meals to those found in fiber filled vegetables or nuts. I would not eat anything like oatmeal, fruit, or other foods with a lot of carbs.

I would be sure to eat a meal at 2:00pm AND 5:00pm. These meals should contain at least 50 grams of protein, a decent amount of good carbs, and very little fat.

For PWO nutrition I would keep it simple. By that I mean SIMPLE carbs (like fruit juice or malto/dextrose powder) and about 50-60 grams of whey protein.

You 9:00pm meal looks perfect. There is no need to change that.

As far as taking in protein powder before bed, you might want to try something besides whey. Whey digests pretty fast so casein is usually a better choice at bed time. If you don't want to do that you could always eat cottage cheese instead.

GonnaBeAGearHead said:
There are a few things that I would recommend to you.

Number one, I would do cardio every morning for 45 minutes. I would walk at a moderate pace on the treadmill for 45 minutes before breakfast.
Thats what I do bro just I do 30min I can always up it to 45 though.

Number two, I don't think that you have enough food in your diet. I don't know how many calories you need, but I can offer a little bit of advice.
Probably true though Im not quite sure what my calorie req are due to the amount of water I retain while injesting carbs.

In your first two meals of the day I would eat protein and healthy fats only. I would limit any carbohydrates in these meals to those found in fiber filled vegetables or nuts. I would not eat anything like oatmeal, fruit, or other foods with a lot of carbs.
I was under the impression that carbs are to be ingested early in the morning and cut back as the day goes except for PWO.

I would be sure to eat a meal at 2:00pm AND 5:00pm. These meals should contain at least 50 grams of protein, a decent amount of good carbs, and very little fat.
I do that for my 2PM meal but 5PM is harder due to the fact that I leave straight from work to the gym.

For PWO nutrition I would keep it simple. By that I mean SIMPLE carbs (like fruit juice or malto/dextrose powder) and about 50-60 grams of whey protein.
I do have a big bag of dextrose that I might start using again for PWO shakes

You 9:00pm meal looks perfect. There is no need to change that.

As far as taking in protein powder before bed, you might want to try something besides whey. Whey digests pretty fast so casein is usually a better choice at bed time. If you don't want to do that you could always eat cottage cheese instead.
Thanks a lot bro for your advice I will definatley look into it.

Popichulo, you might be jumping too fast in cals cutting.

But this also depends on you... but start slow, don't jump on cutting like 1000cals a day in the first weeks..

But I would slowlly cut carbs too, into the 50gr to 100gr range/day.
You don't need much more than this, and it's not necessary fewer than this.

Leave ONLY carbs meals to morning, pre workoout and PWO. IMO is a superior aproach! If you look closelly you always ingest carbs when you need most, i migh be not a lot of carbs, but they are enough to keep a good workout and evolution going! IMO morning is very important on putting on slow ingesting carbs. You want to diet, but not to loose a lot of muscle!
And do low days and high carb days for metabolic purposes!
So the timming you have for your carbs IMO are perfect, just use a superior simple carb at PWO.

I would start doing 200cals cuts and start from there.. You also don't need to exagerate cardio, unless you are really starving from food and need more cals to feel alright.
I'm cutting right now, and bareley do cardio, altough the diet has fewer cals...obviously.

I don't see the need to do a LOT of cardio just to have more cals eaten at the end of the day.

ps- also leave dextrose, that's too old school(even for me). With WMS or Vitargo (even better) available it's not the smartest choice! So pick up a bag of this and put it on your PWO 1-2 scoops, depending on the carb intake.

Last edited:
Back