Cutting Weight

PowerBuilder

Hey guys,
I'm starting both a new routine and I'd like to have a perfect cutting diet to go along with it.

I'm 220lbs at 25% body fat
165lbs lean mass
55lbs fat

Goal: 13%
190 lbs at
165lbs lean mass
25lbs fat

I want to loose 30 lbs of fat with minimal loss of lean mass (if any). I was thinking that I could do this over 3 months by loosing 2.5 lbs a week.
I'm going to estimate that I burn an average of 11*220=2420 maintenance calories (I know really rough estimate) plus another 400 from exercise per day brings me to 2800 per day. This is 19600 calories per week. To loose 2.5 lbs of fat per week, I need to consume 2.5*3500=8750 calories less than that = 10850 calories a week. That works out to 1550 calories per day. That's kind of low cal but since my body fat is so high I should burn mostly fat right. I will remember to have at least my bodyweight in protein. That is 4*220 = 880 calories from protein.

So my diet will be:
220 gms protein = 880 calories
+ 670 calories from fat/carbs.

I will count my calories and protein to ensure this. The other hard part (besides the hunger) will be planning and making meals that I can take on the go.

How does this plan look? Any suggestions for me? Anything at all -- to make this easier? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
PowerBuilder said:
Hey guys,
I'm starting both a new routine and I'd like to have a perfect cutting diet to go along with it.

I'm 220lbs at 25% body fat
165lbs lean mass
55lbs fat

Goal: 13%
190 lbs at
165lbs lean mass
25lbs fat

I want to loose 30 lbs of fat with minimal loss of lean mass (if any). I was thinking that I could do this over 3 months by loosing 2.5 lbs a week.
I'm going to estimate that I burn an average of 11*220=2420 maintenance calories (I know really rough estimate) plus another 400 from exercise per day brings me to 2800 per day. This is 19600 calories per week. To loose 2.5 lbs of fat per week, I need to consume 2.5*3500=8750 calories less than that = 10850 calories a week. That works out to 1550 calories per day. That's kind of low cal but since my body fat is so high I should burn mostly fat right. I will remember to have at least my bodyweight in protein. That is 4*220 = 880 calories from protein.

So my diet will be:
220 gms protein = 880 calories
+ 670 calories from fat/carbs.

I will count my calories and protein to ensure this. The other hard part (besides the hunger) will be planning and making meals that I can take on the go.

How does this plan look? Any suggestions for me? Anything at all -- to make this easier? Thanks in advance.

Checkout the cutting sticky at the top of this forum, then create a diet for yourself listing out the actual foods you will be eating, and then post it for critique.

Back