Cycle/contest prep advice

wj

stats/background: 21(young i know), 6ft, 215, 11%bf. training for 3-4 years last year was my first year competing (naturally) in mens physique where i placed top 5 in shows. i recently decided i will be competing in the new classic physique division next year and that i wanted going to run my first cycle. currently in 3rd week of 10 week test e only cycle at 500mgs/week. i have adex on hand for AI and nolva for pct. that being said my question is would it be best to come off this cyle and pct before running a cycle for contest prep, extend this cycle by 8 weeks with test p to lead up to show, or just use the gains i have made from test e cycle and prep naturally. I am new to this, i do not claim to know evyerything just looking for solid advice, thanks in advance

stats/background: 21(young i know), 6ft, 215, 11%bf. training for 3-4 years last year was my first year competing (naturally) in mens physique where i placed top 5 in shows. i recently decided i will be competing in the new classic physique division next year and that i wanted going to run my first cycle. currently in 3rd week of 10 week test e only cycle at 500mgs/week. i have adex on hand for AI and nolva for pct. that being said my question is would it be best to come off this cyle and pct before running a cycle for contest prep, extend this cycle by 8 weeks with test p to lead up to show, or just use the gains i have made from test e cycle and prep naturally. I am new to this, i do not claim to know evyerything just looking for solid advice, thanks in advance

how are your results going so far guess it would depend on how your looking as the show comes up on how to proceed with your cycle idea

today was my 2nd pin of the third week. I have gained about 2-3lbs, and have noticed slight strength gains. when i started the cycle i increased my caloric intake from around3-3500 cals to 4000 50/30/20 ratio. Looking forward to see what happens in the following weeks as most say 4-5 weeks is when test e really kicks in.
Thanks for the reply

so you would be cycling for 18wks? as a competitor, I can say that's not too uncommon and at least you're not on a harsh cycle. I would save the prop for the last 4 weeks or even last 2 weeks and cut out the injections 1 week from show to avoid any symmetry issues. also if you're prepping for a show may wanna throw winny in the last 6 weeks. do you have your PCT planned out?

so you would be cycling for 18wks? as a competitor, I can say that's not too uncommon and at least you're not on a harsh cycle. I would save the prop for the last 4 weeks or even last 2 weeks and cut out the injections 1 week from show to avoid any symmetry issues. also if you're prepping for a show may wanna throw winny in the last 6 weeks. do you have your PCT planned out?

As of now i only have what i had planned for the 10 week test e cycle. i am still trying to develop a plan for the prep/cut portion any input would be appreciated. i would like to keep it as simple as possible and stay away from any harsh compounds. i stay pretty lean throughout the year so roughly 8 weeks is all i need to lean out.

As of now i only have what i had planned for the 10 week test e cycle. i am still trying to develop a plan for the prep/cut portion any input would be appreciated. i would like to keep it as simple as possible and stay away from any harsh compounds. i stay pretty lean throughout the year so roughly 8 weeks is all i need to lean out.

I personally think cycling off that close to a show (you're cycling off a 10 week cycle 8 weeks to your show? if i'm understanding that right) is that you will be losing some gains from your cycle and go into the show with less than you could have by simply extending your cycle some. plus you'd be battling to restart your HPTA so its not quite the ideal condition to prep in In my opinion. a simple oral and some clen will do you a lot of good if you're naturally lean year around.

After doing some research i am thinking about running test p and masteron for the last 8 weeks leading up to the show

Last edited:
After doing some research i am thinking about running test p and masteron for the last 8 weeks leading up to the show

good idea to use test p as it clears your system. some go into competition still on test others like it out of the system by the time they hit the stage for a drier look but it all depends on the individual. mast is good for prep also.

Back