Deadlifts ??????

Chavie

i need some help cause im stupid lol

when using the hand over hand style

do you alternate hands with every set ?

i know lots of powerlifters who dont switch hands back and forth and ive never noticed any significant differences in them from side to side .

I find i can pull weight more comfortably with my right hand under and my left over, and it feels so akward the other way.....is there a reasoning behind this, or is it just natural body positioning?

pull dbl overhand to illiminate any irregularities that COULD pop up. .

if you not a competeive PLer get some straps.

I use double overhand with straps, without straps that is some mean ass strength.

Sadly I cannot use chalk in any gym I've ever been in.

If I asked perhaps I could get them to let me, but we do have signs, same as the last gym, NO CHALK ALLOWED. I still see it once in a blue moon.

i use chalk now at my gym....they hate me for it, but i still use it....I use it to reduce my strap usage...

I miss my University of Saskatchewan gym. They supplied chalk.

Right hand over....left hand under...I can,t do it the other way this is the only way I have comfort....the opposite ...feels akward ...and uncomfartable

i am using straps now on deadlifts, dante has me using straps for those and SL deads... i can do more reps, thats for sure... and for the controlled down it sure helps a lot to have the bar connected to my body lol

Mudge said:
I about could swear Andy Bolton had straps on his 933 dead, but I dunno.

he was wearing wrist wraps, like for benching. no straps allowed in PLing meets. thats a big NO NO. :D

I saw Ronnie coleman deadlifting on his Unbelievable video and he always stayed with the left hand under for every set.

Deadlifts are great..really stretches the back.
But what I want to know is...
What's the proper way to deadlift?
I only know StiffLeg..
any ideas?
And does deadlift affect the entire back or just the lower?
Thanks

John"Zane"Ching said:
Deadlifts are great..really stretches the back.
But what I want to know is...
What's the proper way to deadlift?
I only know StiffLeg..
any ideas?
And does deadlift affect the entire back or just the lower?
Thanks
upper back strength is important for lockout so deadlift should also cause growth there as well

There is more than one way to dead, besides the SLDL there is the Romanian (similar to SLDL), the sumo, and the standard regular old pick the damn bar off the floor dead.

I do more SLDL than regular pulls, a habit I need to break. I got 415x5 last night, which for me is good, only good for about 480. I do these on leg day as my second major lift, I also do lower back on leg day.

Back