Denver Nuggets

YanksWS96

The Price is Wrong, BITCH
How sick will the Nuggets be with Allen Iverson and Carmelo Anthony (upon return from suspension) on the same team? As long as they can beat the Lakers.....

Discuss.

They'll be good and extremely entertaining, but they won't be good enough to make it to the Western Conference Finals. I say they'll lose in the second round of the playoffs.

The Western Conference is so loaded with the Suns, Mavs, Spurs, and Lakers it will be difficult for the Nuggets. If the Nuggets were in the Eastern Conference, they'd be a lock for the finals...

if egos don't clash it's a great acquisition for the nuggets

will they win the west? no. contend? yes.

I can't see Melo giving up enough shots to make Iverson happy. Unless Iverson gets used to shooting way less and deferring to him I don't think Denver is going past the second round, at best, in the Western Conference.

I think it will work out great for Denver. As long as the other guys know their roles. The nuggets will have enough scoring for sure, but the role players HAVE to play their roles for them to get any where.

I understand why people think that the two can't coexist on the same team, but realistically, do you think there will be many nights where either of them are held to under 15 points? Doubtful

Shaq and Kobe were compliment players (post and outside) Aromatase inhibitor (AI) and Carmelo do the same thing. They dribble a lot, they shoot a lot and they score a lot. If they can work together goods things can happen but they will both need to cut down on shots which is something I dont think either will do.

LoL the Sixers actually beat Aromatase inhibitor (AI) and the Nuggets in Denver the other night...

Iverson got tossed late in the game after picking up his second technical foul. How humiliating to lose to the Sixers...

I dont have time to follow other teams since Agent 0 is 25 minutes away but when does Melo comeback?

I really like watching the nuggets now. This is the perfect system for Iverson. They are a fun team to watch and they score a ton of points. They are going to be a tough team to beat come playoff time. Facing the scoring of Carmello and Iverson will be difficult for any team to beat over 7 games.

I watched the other night against the Utah Jazz and they looked terrible. I imagine because they dont have a big chunk of their team but still they looked pretty bad

Nuggets deal Boykins, Hodge to Milwaukee
January 11, 2007

DENVER (AP) -- The Denver Nuggets traded fan favorite Earl Boykins, along with Julius Hodge and cash, to the Milwaukee Bucks for Steve Blake on Thursday.

Blake averaged 3.6 points and 2.5 assists in 33 games for the Bucks this season.

ADVERTISEMENT
"We're getting a classic point guard," Nuggets vice president of basketball operations Mark Warkentien said. "He's an outstanding shooter and solid floor leader."

Boykins played a little over three years for Denver and was averaging 15.2 points this season. He picked up his play with Carmelo Anthony and J.R. Smith serving suspensions for their roles in a brawl against the New York Knicks, but his future became unclear when Denver obtained high-scoring guard Allen Iverson in a trade.

"Earl's performance during our 'suspension season' has been sensational," Warkentien said. "He's done a heck of a job."

Hodge recently returned to the lineup after being shot five times last April when a gunman pulled up alongside him, spraying his vehicle with bullets. He's played in four games this season.

Blake likes to pass. I think this will be a good fit for the nuggets.

Back