Did I Do This Right? (Filtration Question)

thetopdog

Sorry for asking such stupid questions, but I don't want to take too many chances with the sterility of my gear

I made a thread about having to put my gear in an unsterile bottle to get it across the border. I got my Whatmans in today, so I decided to filter the gear. All the local pharmacy had was 25g pins, and I tried drawing the oil out of the glass bottle with a 25g pin and realized it was impossible (it was just a regular glass bottle with a screw-on plastic top, so I couldn't turn it upside down to help). So I had to remove the pin from the syringe, and just stick the open hole of the syringe in the bottle and draw the gear into the sryinge that way

I figure it won't really matter since the gear wasn't sterile anyways, and I was going to filter it

Then I screwed the Whatman onto the syringe, screwed a new needle onto the Whatman, stuck the needle into a brand new sterile vial (I forgot to swab the top with alcohol, but I'm hoping that's not a big deal), and pushed down hard. It came out drop by drop, but the whole process (3mL) only took about 5 minutes

Does that all sound right to you guys? I've never done this before so I would appreciate any feedback

DougoeFre5h said:
Sounds fine, filtering sucks. Its not a stupid question btw, never hesitate to ask when it comes to injectables.

Thanks a lot bro, you've been very helpful. I really appreciate all your help

Back