Diet and cardio while bulking plus other questions

MJF

WWPBBD
I'll start off by saying I know how to diet correctly, just don't exactly follow it. To be more correct, I have my diet plan from 3J that I could follow. That diet plan is 3000 calorie clean diet and if followed, without cardio maintains my weight.

I haven't done cardio in about a year and a half. When I hired 3J, he said no cardio 1st week so we can judge calorie intake. That week led to 2 weeks no cardio and then I changed my plan to the carb cycle diet and again, no cardio 1st week so I just stopped cardio altogether. On the carb cycle 3000 calorie diet, following it very closely and no cardio, I stayed same weight and had abs.

Now I'm kind of doing my own thing because restrictive, clean diets are boring and hard for me to stick to. I still eat clean most meals and eat 6 times a day. Eating clean, I can't force enough food in me to gain weight while on cycle.

A couple people keep saying I need pasta, carbs, etc to gain weight/mass. But I tend to puff up with higher carb diets and need advice.

I would like to gain 10-15 more lbs lean mass, BUT I want to still have abs. If I add more carbs, my midsection and face bloat up. This sounds stupid saying it, but if I add carbs and start cardio keep th3 bloat away? Not enough cardio to burn all the extra calories of course. Say add an extra 5-700 calories in carbs and add cardio to burn 200 or so.

It doesn't have to be from carbs. Or if starchy carbs do that to you, get it through simple carbs or other options.

Main thing I'd say is to increase calories slowly and as long as you make the gradual increase, gaining the weight over time should be attainable to gain the muscle instead of a bunch of fat (i.e. keeping your abs and bf% low while adding lean mass).

But IMO, cardio isn't going to keep a bloat away and that just plays a role in the caloric expenditure/intake gap.

Could always look at a good probiotic if you're not using one to keep bloating in check. Or a GDA style product like bulk NaRALA or Slintensity before larger carb meals could help, too (agmatine is also good at this).

Since I knkw you'll ask, I don't count calories any longer. I'll outline a typical day in meals for you. Keep in mind I don't measure/weigh hardly anything.

4:15 am 3/4 cup kashi golean and 1/2 cup 2% milk
2 scoops dymatize iso-100

6:30am pwo- 2 scoops iso-100
1 bagel

8:45am full grilled chicken breast (depending on size. Sometimes it's too much)
1cup, cooked brown rice
1-2 cups vegetables (baby spinach and bell peppers normally)

11:30 am- 2 scoops iso-100
Bagel or 2 slices while.wheat bread
OR
Same as 8:45
OR
10oz tuna mixed with small amount of mayo on 2 slices wheat bread

2:30pm- tuna, grilled chicken breast, or canned chicken breast
1 cup brown rice
Veggie

5:30- alot of times I miss this meal. If not, it's usually 10oz tuna and some crackers

8:00pm- been eating out alot. Normally chicken fajitas. Flour tortillas, pico, and guacamole. Maybe 20 chips with salsa.

Of course, what I just outlined is a good day. There are those days too that I get super busy doing stuff and get to a point where I'm so hungry, I don't want to wait to cook anything healthy so I get a double meat, double cheese whataburger, fries and a diet coke (I hate the taste of regular coke and don't eat/drink much sugar)
Fast food days are mostly on weekends when I get busy with stuff. Thru the week, I can normally stay on track.

Simple carbs should do a trick, avoid anything with sugar, hence the reason I suspect your bloating up, even breads have loads of sugar now. With that in order it looks like discipline will have to be on your agenda. Why go through all the trouble of watching your diet and then hit double cheese burgers and chase it with a diet soda? Dont get me wrong, I can eat 8 or so on a good day, love them, but when your trying to cut it up, yes its hard but discipline has to be practiced.
Keep your food journal going and write down what you eat at each meal, and when you are bloated. This might reveal that the sugars or some types of sugar seem to be associated with your bloating.

Back