Diet Critieque

gogo4

K so I thought I count up all the shit I eat I normaly don't count cals I just try to eat clean but I just thought and see where I stand. Please advise me if I am doing something wrong or if I am missing anything in my diet?

My Main dish today was salmon...usually I mix it up with chicken/pork/steak but I wrote down what I had today and I mix my FlexOil 1 TblSpoon with my brown rice.
I am currently on my end of 4th week of Eq Cycle (9.5wks to go still) and have started at 177lbs. In the last two weeks I have jumped up to 190Lbs. 13lb gain...not bad btw. I'm 5'11 w/about 14-17% Bf. (I see my sixpack and some obliques?)

Due to the Eq My apptetite jumped sky high and im always hungry, I mean always even after I eat 3min later usually im hungry again. I have 1 cheat day which usually falls on sunday...but I also tend to eat heftier on saturday w/fats and sunday is my carb day=)

At first I wanted to stay Lean and lose bf as much as I could but the appetite did not let me so I chose to eat clean but alot and I guess I'l just go with the flow and see what happens.

6:00Am - 6xEggwhites
Protein Shake W/ Oats
8Oz SoyMilk

7:30Am - Jogurt Yoplat

9:00Am - 8oz. Salmon + Cup Brown Rice

10:30Am - Jogurt Yoplat Light

12:00Pm - 10Oz Chicken Breast + Cup Brown Rice

1:30Pm - 5Chips(pices) + Guacamole + Apple

3:00Pm - 8oz. Salmon + Cup Brown Rice

4:30Pm - Protein Shake + 4oz.SoyMilk 6oz.Water + Banana

-Workout-

7:00Pm - Protein Shake

9:00Pm - 8oz. Ground Turkey

10-11pm Sleep Till 5:30am

Total Calorie Intake -2600
Carbs -210g
Fat -69g
Protein -200g

My sodium intake is about 1700g and I drink only water throughout the day...just not a whole alot of it I just don't seem to be thirsty alot heh. I hope this does not hurt me
( I know...I know )

Fresh green vegetables are missing. You eat like a bird, and you will soon fall off the diet if it stays this boring. Make it a bit more enjoyable or at least flavorful, this is a concentration camp diet.

lol 14-17% bf and you see abs and obliques.

not to be a dick, but youre clueless, come off the gear.

Suareezay said:
lol 14-17% bf and you see abs and obliques.

not to be a dick, but youre clueless, come off the gear.

well my man... I have never meassured my bf ever before?!? I am clueless I can only go by what my digital scale tells me what my bf is...and thats what it tells me. Now I know those are not that accurate but I am pretty thick man all around... my abs pop out but only becouse I work them out alot and they are bullky not that ripped look. heres a pic judge foryourself.

not a recent one but maybe 2months ago at 175lbs im 190 now just bigger same tone and bf.

PICT0005-1.jpg

Phil9999 said:
some carbs in your post workout meal too perhaps.

I do...bannana is my thing and milk which has usually processed sugar. I even grab me a sweet potato and oats sometimes...or sometimes both like tonight hehe =)

I try to mix up my diet man and I had some porkchops with brown rice and green veggies today...

Calorie wise is it much moderate or little? I mean I really don't care if I gain or lose muscle just don't want fat thats all.

gogo4 said:
I can only go by what my digital scale tells me what my bf is...

Digital scales suck, calipers are not reliable, the best way is to get dunked in the tub. But you look like you are around a 11ish bf%. but hey the body looks good! keep up the work. Eat clean to stay lean!

outlawtas2 said:
your diet sucks. I say bulk up (meaning 5-6k cals a day).

5-6kcal!!! damn um bulk up to what weight man? is there an end or just bigger bigger bigger ?

dude youre nowhere near 17% bf. Youre closer to 10, possibly less. My scale says im between 8 and 12, depending on which "mode" i use. They are utterly useless in regards to bf except tracking gains/losses. And you have to use them under the same conditions everyday. Simply drinking water or eating a meal can throw them off by a lot.

5-6k cals is a joke. Even on cycle you only need so many calories. At 190 pounds, take in around 4300 cals, at least 400g protein, low-moderate amounts of good fats, and let carbs make up the rest of your cals.

I would probably start you at around kcals / day

3 High Carb Days (500g Carbohydrates / 250g Protein / 35g Fat)
2 Med Carb Days (375g Carbohydrates / 300g Protein / 55g Fat
2 Low Carb Days (250g Carbohydrates / 350g Protein / 75g Fat)

High Carb Days fall on Monday / Wednesday / Friday
Med Car Days fall on Tuesday / Saturady
Low Carb Days fall on Sunday / Thursday

I won't put the diet together for you but by following this and making small adjustments in kcals once you plataeu (probably every 2 weeks) will benefit you more then just taking in large amounts of kcals. Your body will gain to much fat and slow down your metabolism.

DirkMoneyshot said:
will benefit you more then just taking in large amounts of kcals. Your body will gain to much fat and slow down your metabolism.
no way. 10,000 cals a day will build more muscle than just a few thousand. if its from clean sources, you will gain NO fat. I gained 32 pounds of muscle in 11 days that way. :insane2:

Hogs106 said:
suareezay you gained 32 pounds in 11 days without any fat? How did you do that?
well, i thought that sounded sarcastic enough.

(i was joking...critisizing the people who actually believe it is necesary to eat 5, 6, whatever thousand calories a day, and actually keep a human bodyfat level in the process)

i did gain 30 pounds in 6 months by eating ~4500-4800 cals a day. I sure regret the hell out of that. Weight gain does NOT equal muscle gain. I learned that the hard way.

Last edited:
Gogo, you look fucking great in the pic, I imagine you look beefier now that you are at 190 (or more). So your diet is good.... ITS WORKING, DONT YOU SEE IT??

About the Calorie intake... man that varies from person to person. I did a diet once where I was eating 5,000 cal a day (5 meals) and no I did not gain fat in my stomach. I was 26 then. As you get older, the more fat you accumulate in your body. So, about this 5,000 calories a day, is it necessary? No, do what ever works for you, and what you are eating is working!

thanx fellas I will give moneyshots recipe a try once my diet gives up on me. I think the only reason my diet is working for me right now is becouse I used to eat fastfood and junk food all the time ...so now that I swapped it drasticaly my body accpeted the change fast but for how long .....I don't know.

gogo4 said:
thanx fellas I will give moneyshots recipe a try once my diet gives up on me. I think the only reason my diet is working for me right now is becouse I used to eat fastfood and junk food all the time ...so now that I swapped it drasticaly my body accpeted the change fast but for how long .....I don't know.

You are correct and the reason I stress to my guys I train that 2 to 3 cheat meals / day is best so when they do start eating completely clean it is a drastic change.

Back