diet for dbol/test clean bulk

animal1982

Hey guys,

Would love a bit of critique on my new diet, main goal is to bulk pretty cleanly and maybe even drop a few % bf on this cycle

current stats are:

26 years old
230lbs
6 foot 4 inches tall
5 years training
BF 19%

Cycle:

1 - 5 40mg naposim
1 - 12 500mg test e
1 - 14 .5 adex eod
14 - 18 clomid and nolva

Typical Diet

7am - whey shake 40g P and banana
9am medium bowl of porridge and 1 full egg and 4 egg whites
11am - 1 tin of tuna and 1 wholemeal bread
12am workout
1.15pm - post workout shake - 40g pro, 70g carbs
2pm - 1 med chicken breast, steam veggies, small baked potatoe
3.30pm whey shake 40g protein
5.30pm - tin of tuna in small pitta
8pm - grilled chicken/salmon and veggies or chicken stir fry.
10.30pm - Casein Shake 50g Pro

Supps

Whey
Casein
Milk Thistle
ZMA
Pwo whey and dextrose

cheers

Looks great - im gonna steal a copy of it. I'll only add a preworkout snack -- small whey shake and lt carb like 1/2 orange, or 1/2 packet oatmeal. I dont think many are gonna find a problem with this diet.

It looks like you definitely put some time into the diet and have thought about it a lot. For that I congratulate you.

When looking for a lean bulk like you are doing, I try and stick to a diet high in protein, a mid range of carbs, and healthy fats... my breakdown in generally 40/40/20... I use fitday.com as a reference and I recommend it to everyone who wants to track their progress. Also, I would monitor the body fat by throwing in some cardio once in a while as well...

The only critique that I have is this... how the hell are you going to manage 9 meals a day. I only have time for 3-4 MAX and many times its really more like 3-4 meals and a couple shakes. I also find that I like to eat bigger meals less frequently because I end up being more satisfied throughout the day, but whatever works for you is what you should follow.

Very good diet, the only problem i see is you take ZMA before bed with a big dose of casein. If i'm not mistaken calcium competes for absorbtion with magnesium, so if you drink your shake and take your ZMA before bed it will end up rendering your ZMA useless.

thanks for the comments guys,

Milk - it's only actually 5 food meals and 4 shakes and i have always had a massive appetite so find it quite easy to get the food in and as far as prep i usually cook everything the night before and then wolf it down at my desk at work (I have told my boss that seeing as i don't smoke the time that i take eating my meals is the quivilant to the cigarette breaks other people take and at least i am still at my desk, couldn't say anything back to that :) )

- i think i would be more satisfied with fewer, larger meals but i feel that the smaller meals are probably more beneficial to my goal so am sticking it out at the moment, i'm also doing cardio twice a week and playing rugby on a sat and i lift 4 times a week.

Hung - I take my ZMA an hour before bed and then take my casein literally as i'm laying in bed reading before i go to sleep, is this ok or is there a better way to do it or should i just drop one and if i do which one?

cheers

thanks for the comments guys,

Milk - it's only actually 5 food meals and 4 shakes and i have always had a massive appetite so find it quite easy to get the food in and as far as prep i usually cook everything the night before and then wolf it down at my desk at work (I have told my boss that seeing as i don't smoke the time that i take eating my meals is the quivilant to the cigarette breaks other people take and at least i am still at my desk, couldn't say anything back to that :) )

- i think i would be more satisfied with fewer, larger meals but i feel that the smaller meals are probably more beneficial to my goal so am sticking it out at the moment, i'm also doing cardio twice a week and playing rugby on a sat and i lift 4 times a week.

Hung - I take my ZMA an hour before bed and then take my casein literally as i'm laying in bed reading before i go to sleep, is this ok or is there a better way to do it or should i just drop one and if i do which one?

cheers

ZMA is suppose to work best without any dairy within a couple hours of takign it. I would assume that the casein is negating your ZMA but that's just me.

cheers

As WIMJ said, i think the ZMA is probably not doing much for you because you're taking the casein. And since you're on juice I don't think it would make a noticeable impact anyway. I'd just drop the ZMA and keep the casein.

Back