diet in check??

ILB50

I play football (college) and i want to get stronger and more explosive hows my diet look i dont need to put on weight i just need to muscle up and get stronger

4:30 AM Protein Shake, 1 cups milk, 2 packets of oatmeal
7:45 AM PWO shake,gatorade
9:50 AM deli turkey 3 slices, 2 pieces wheat bread, 2 eggs
12:30 PM 4-5 0z can of chicken breast, 1 whole wheat pita
4:00 PM 1 cup cottage cheese, 1 cup ground beef
7:00 PM 2 pieces wheat bread,6oz chicken breast
9:30 PM 1 cup veggie, protein shake, 1 cup cottage cheese

damn bro why the fuck are you up so early? either way, the first meal looks good, just as long as the oatmeal isnt that instant shit. has to be good old fashioned oats. sweeten them with honey or blue agave if you have to. the post workout shake at 745am should consist of a good 50-60 grams of protein (not here to debate protein absorption right now) at 9:50 make sure those deli slices are low sodium and your good to go with that meal. 4:00pm meal needs to be low or no fat cottage cheese and 98% lean. after 4pm though i'd suggest getting rid of the bread carbs, and getting them through veggies like spinach and broccoli etc... and for your last meal at 9:30 if your eating because your hungry then you can get away with it, but if its for nutrients, try getting a slow digesting protein like caisen and your all set.

the oatmeal packets are fine.
1. youre eating them for breakfast
2. youre a college athlete, you burn 69,439,349,239,994 calories a day

sodium is also fine unless you have a preexisting condition

the beef does not have be 98% lean

carbs after 4pm are fine (see points 1 and 2, plus the fact that youre trying to gain)

like i said, you an athlete, which means you burn a fuckload of calories, and ill bet a dollar you partition calories better than most people anyway, you dont have to eat like an OCD precontest BBer.

add 2 more meat sources (2 more chicken breast, 1 breast and 2 cans tuna etc) more real meat.

Also, more carbs...potatoes, yams, pasta (whole wheat or not) cuz it looks like most of your carbs are from slices of bread or pita's, which aren't very significant.

what are your stats?

Suareezay said:
the oatmeal packets are fine.
1. youre eating them for breakfast
2. youre a college athlete, you burn 69,439,349,239,994 calories a day

sodium is also fine unless you have a preexisting condition

the beef does not have be 98% lean

carbs after 4pm are fine (see points 1 and 2, plus the fact that youre trying to gain)

like i said, you an athlete, which means you burn a fuckload of calories, and ill bet a dollar you partition calories better than most people anyway, you dont have to eat like an OCD precontest BBer.

yeah i suppose your right, im in cutting mode and its hard to accept that some people need alot more cals.

evansss said:
yeah i suppose your right, im in cutting mode and its hard to accept that some people need alot more cals.
im the same way, i eat super clean even when im bulking. but then again 30 minutes of cardio is the most activity i do...i bet this guy is burning 1000 cals a day just from football practice, if not more.

Suareezay said:
im the same way, i eat super clean even when im bulking. but then again 30 minutes of cardio is the most activity i do...i bet this guy is burning 1000 cals a day just from football practice, if not more.

yeah an easy day of football...i was a hell of alot leaner when i played hockey and lax...same height, bout 185...now im around 220

ya i figured im burning about 3400-3500 cals a day and thats in the off season when we are lifting and running i know i need more veggies and pastas but i work also and the bread is just faster to make and use..ya know

Back