Diet Sodas when cutting?

theRock

I'm a fan of diet pepsi twist. Unlike lots of people, I like the taste - more so than the regular counterpart that's loaded with high fructose corn syrup and gives that sticky gooey saliva in your mouth.

I find that it helps me stomach the vast amounts of chicken breasts I am eating to get my protein up. It is zero calorie, but of course, carbonated.

Are there any negatives about drinking say 7-10 cans of this stuff a week?

And yes, I still consume tons of water. But i like my can a day for lunch or dinner.

man I really dont see any problem with diet pop at all, I quit drinking it for a while and now I started drinking it again and Ive noticed no difference. If anything its a good appetite suppresent bcuz of the caffine .. for me at least !

i lived on the shit during my diet and found no ill effects from it. And I was taking in WAY more than 7-10 cans per week. I got down to 8% BF on copious amopunts of the stuff, so I think you're OK. BTW, diet Mountain Dew is my poison of choice. Best-tasting diet soda out there, IMHO.

I try to minimise it but i do have some to satisfy sweet cravings.
If you're doing keto, stay away from caffienated diet drinks like diet coke etc

Okay, recent reports link diet sodas (aspertame) to an increase in appetite. I've not experienced this myself. Just mentioning it.

I drink 2 cans a day of diet coke. No ill effects. Though I've heard people talk of stomache ulcers and the like. More than likely you'd have to consume copious amounts to experience any of this this type of problem. Though when I think of it, we did use soda to clean the spokes on our bikes as kids. Can't be a good sign. lol!

Asside from the caffeine and phosphoric acid witch may discolor and waste away tooth enamel.

STANG 98 said:
i lived on the shit during my diet and found no ill effects from it. And I was taking in WAY more than 7-10 cans per week. I got down to 8% BF on copious amopunts of the stuff, so I think you're OK. BTW, diet Mountain Dew is my poison of choice. Best-tasting diet soda out there, IMHO.
superb taste in soft drinks and women , hhmm , mental note maybe i dont hate stang after all:p

To me.... 'cutting' and 'soda' (any!) just don't belong in the same sentence together!

Change of old habbits bro! Sacrifices are made. But I don't think a can a day will set you back too much, if any at all.

I have heard that you should try to stay away from aspartame when you are on a keto diet,it can mimic the effects of sugar and prevent you from going into ketosis.I drink as little as possible,although I do drink about 2-3 a week just to keep my sanity.:) I have never noticed any setbacks from it.

diet soda is not going to hurt you. people who say otherwise claim the aspartme has an ill effect on the body! never has to me!

T

i drink at least 1 pitcher of crystal light when dieting and not dieting. 5 cals per 2 quarts. tastes great!

T

rubberduckyo said:
Okay, recent reports link diet sodas (aspertame) to an increase in appetite. I've not experienced this myself. Just mentioning it.

That's interesting. Do you have any links to these reports cos i've ntocied that if i cut out aspartame from my diet i can pretty much eat less and lose weight but aspartame just triggers something in me to eat :(

i've read some articles stating the same thing, and claimed that they were studies done, but the author of that same piece failed to cite those studies in the article. i'd like to see those studies if they do exist

Flexx said:
i've read some articles stating the same thing, and claimed that they were studies done, but the author of that same piece failed to cite those studies in the article. i'd like to see those studies if they do exist

I've been searching all morning. Can't find a single research study. Hmmm...........

I always drink diet coke, and the aspertame has never effected my way of eating.

I have also read that the caffine in the pop can actually help you do better when in the gym.

Diet Code red is great.

Now that speedway has 44oz Diet dews for .69 I'm in heaven.

Stopped buying ecas and just get a bottle of mini-thins (25mg Ephedrine HCL) and wash it down with a Diet Code red :)

Back