Diet,weightloss & testosterone

downunder

Has anyone had first hand experience of getting increased testosterone levels following diet and weightloss?
Im 43 yrs 2301bs 5'11" bout 25% bf and have low testosterone 6.9( ref range 8.3-27)

Has anyone had first hand experience of getting increased testosterone levels following diet and weightloss?
Im 43 yrs 2301bs 5'11" bout 25% bf and have low testosterone 6.9( ref range 8.3-27)

Unfortunately not. I tried all the test increasing foods, lost BF, ate a lot of good fats etc. for over a year. Doesn't mean YOU can't do it, but it didn't work for me.

Please note I'm primary hypogonadal- my testicles are good for nothing. The only thing that truly helps me is TRT.

It sounds like you had blood work, did you test your other key elements? Can you post your results?? This will help others give you better advice on where to go from where your at with what goals you may have.

In your case, diet & weight loss is going to make very little if any difference to your T levels (it might've even lower it further depending on how lean you get).

If you were super obese, 35%+, and dieted down to the 15% range then it might be of benefit.

even if you did get say a 10% increase in natty test production . what difference is that really going to make ? whats you goal for doing so?
you need 1000+% increase in test to promote real anabolism . muscle growth does not go along linear lines with testosterone increases, so a 10% increase in natty test may result in nothing

Yes i did have other bloods done
E2 140..ref range <150 so normal i guess
LH was normal range 5.1 ref range <7
Fsh was high 9 iu/l ref range <7
Free test 147 ref 225-725
Shbg 26 11-71 is normal

Well i will try natural therapies first and if successful will let the board know

Will take monthly bloods.

Why would one only get 10% increase in testosterone..if excess body fat and poor lifestyle are fixed why is it necessarily limited to 10% improvement?

Why would one only get 10% increase in testosterone..if excess body fat and poor lifestyle are fixed why is it necessarily limited to 10% improvement?

because its physiologically limited . if your not taking a drug to amplify it, then your restricted to what is naturally possible. and 10% is not that bad an increase not using drugs. its still nothing as compared to using drugs, but to increase any of your natural hormones by 10% without doing anything other then changing life style habits is pretty good.
is more then 10% possible? possibly

Back