Dietary needs while on-cycle?

StopDisbelievin

So I'm trying to gain a noticeable amount of muscle mass, but my life circumstances pretty much prevent me from consuming the amount of nutrients and calories that most sources state to be necessary to do so (I'm not a pro bodybuilder who can structure his entire lifestyle around this pursuit). I hope this doesn't seem like too ignorant of a question, but will adequate doses of bulking steroids (testosterone and dianabol) bypass the need to eat as much in order to build muscle?

Don't get me wrong; I'll maintain a healthy enough diet during this process, but it just isn't feasible for me to consume the RIDICULOUS quantities that are apparently needed to bulk. I'm really hoping that the right steroids will get me around this obstacle, at least to an extent.

the body needs food man, no amount of pills can make up for that. and what life circumstances are interfering with you being able to eat food? if you can afford to buy pills you can afford to buy food.

and your full of BS saying that we need RIDICULOUS quantities of food to bulk up.:bsflag:

It wont. Your need, and desire, to eat will shoot through the roof.

I am doing my first cycle and am frustrated with how much food I need to eat, and how frequently I need to cook (and the fact that I am eating 3-4 chicken breasts a day yet still can't put the number on the scale I want too).

Really, if you do a cycle be prepared to focus a shitload of time on meal prep and eating. It takes up more focus than the actual lifting itself. It's reckless to think that injecting steroids will give you long term growth without a proper diet.

So... what good are steroids at all then? I was under the impression that steroids used for bulking have the effect of heightening nutrient absorption by the muscles, so that you could eat less and achieve the same results. If these replies are true, then steroids seem largely useless.

I weigh about 200 pounds. Most sources claim that I'd therefore need to consume a MINIMUM of 200g protein a day to build muscle (plus other nutrients). For someone who isn't a pro bodybuilder, that IS ridiculous. Doing injections a couple times a week and swallowing a few pills a day are NOTHING compared to the hassle of preparing huge meals all the time. Seriously.

1 cc test=10lbs lean beef, 50 mg d-bol=13 lbs of chicken breasts. 1 cc deca=20 servings of carbs.

Come on everybody knows this lol
Stopdisbelievin

For the test and deca.....how many milligrams per cc are your figures for?!? If the test is 250 instead of 200, would you need 12.5 lbs lean beef?
Hahahahaha
Love it :)
Im gonna try this

You are correct Sir, AAS are completely useless. Therefore you should forget about them, and keep eating whatever diet you are eating now - and wait for the next "no effort required" method to pack on muscle.

All joking aside, we all agree diet is #1 once you tick the box yes for having a good workout plan. No need for ridiculous amounts of food, unless you want to get fat.

I just don't understand it. Everyone's making jokes, as if I'm a colossal idiot, but I mean... are you all professional bodybuilders who can spend every waking moment of your lives training and eating? If even STEROIDS won't help, then I honestly don't get how a guy like me, who isn't trying to be Mr. Universe and just wants to build casual, bigger-than-the-other-guy-walking-down-the-street muscle (while still working full-time), is supposed to have any chance of building his body at all.

You seriously can't afford to buy a ten pound bag of chicken breasts and ten pounds of ground turkey every week? Just over$40 at Walmart. That will be enough protein. Put five lbs of chicken in a pan with coconut oil cook it up, one hour big deal. Make some turkey burgers for dinner 20 minutes big deal. If you can't find time for that then you're just lazy. If you can't afford that get a real job.

Not being rude but if you can't do the above but you have time to post then quit posting and start cooking.

everything in moderation is my key to living and maintaining a proper figure in this sports arena of ologers. food is fun for me and having the opportunity to learn simple dishes has made a world of diference in maintaining a good diet when i am in a bulking schedule.

Jokes are often sprinkled in with the advise ya see on here. Helps us all laugh a little while we learn :)
Sorry if I jumped in there too for a min.
Some guys may have been pit off by the implication that one could use hormones instead of food to gain size. Unfortunate truth is that hormones just absolutely will not make you big or fit......they will drastically help the food to do so however :)
Someone told me once "training is about 30%, diet is 60% , then steroids are 10%".....in reference to what they contribute to your physique. The key is that the 10% allows you to up the diet and the training. Thus they all become more effective. If diet and exercise stay the same and you add steroids.....you won't see much change at all.
That may not be true for everyone but it's unfortunately true for me :(

I weigh about 200 pounds. Most sources claim that I'd therefore need to consume a MINIMUM of 200g protein a day to build muscle (plus other nutrients). For someone who isn't a pro bodybuilder, that IS ridiculous. Doing injections a couple times a week and swallowing a few pills a day are NOTHING compared to the hassle of preparing huge meals all the time. Seriously.
what body type are you weight, height? bf%?

You don't need to live off boiled chicken breast, rice and broccoli. You will need to increase calories and protien on steroids BECAUSE they increase muscle building and several other things. I recently started Testoserone therapy and had slipped back into not eating because I dont feel hungry. I suddenly got cold with full blown shivering, had sweat running from the middle of my chest, back and running down my arms from my arm pits and felt exhausted like I instantly xaught a flu and was pale. I ate a Peanut butter sandwich with a glass of milk and withing 10 minutes I started feeling better. My eating with low T isnt possible on testoserone replacement.

3j BMR and TDEE. It's in a sticky in the diet forum. You could probably copy paste it into the search.

Steroids may increase conversion of food into muscles but they can not build muscle without materials( food), a reason (training) and time ( proper rest).

What is the numerical value of "ridiculous"? I'm eating 3,000 calories a day, about 90-150g grams protien and just holding 154-155 lbs on 200 mg a week test.

Your body is a machine. Bigger machines take more fuel except you need to give your body the fuel first before it increases in size.

If you eat and you maintain your body weight now we will use that as the start point. You go on cycle. . . . . . You could add 2 peanut butter sandwiches with 4 tablespoons of peanut butter each, and add over 900 calories and 35 grams of protien a day.

Last edited:
Back