Disposing of the evidence

Get an empty plastic water bottle or gallon milk container and stick them in there. Can toss after, or dispose of as medical waste.

Sticky tape feathers to them and turn them into darts ;)

haha.. I go kids playgrounds or the beach... fun for all the family..... we have needle exchanges in Australia.. drop off sharps bins and pick up wat u need needle and pin size for free....

If your gonna throw em out at least do this... save your protein powder jugs and fill up 3 or 4 then buy a can of spray foam insulation and squirt it into the needle filled containers. Then crazy glue the lid shut. One can of foam will easily fill that many containers. Then use the rest of the spray foam on your house !
Cause when you just toss it in the garbage the needle will wind up all over the place and one day wash up on a beach somewhere. The spray foam will at least encapsulate them...

The BD sharps disposal by mail container holds up to 300 pen needles or lancets, or up to 100 insulin syringes. ... Simply put your used insulin syringes, pen needles or lancets into the sharps disposal by mail container.

My trash company told me to put them in any puncture proof container, tape lid shut and clearly mark it as "do not recycle". They also said a sharps container would be fine.

They also thanked me for asking. Guess they've had a few guys get poked and then the smack heads of course won't admit it's their needle or get tested.

The rules on sharps disposal varies greatly from State to State. BD used to keep a list of the regulations, by state, but they no longer do. You should look up the regulations for your state to be in compliance. In my state, it is illegal to throw a sharps container in the regular trash AND no medical facility is required to accept your sharps waste. This means if I use a sharps container I must keep it FOREVER or dispose of it illegally. Instead, I am to put my sharps inside a hard sided container such as an empty laundry detergent bottle, screw the lid on, and tape it shut. I am to write "DO NOT RECYCLE" on the outside and toss it in the regular trash.

At that point, the compactor on the dump truck will crush my bottle, splitting it open and dumping my needles all over the inside of the truck. But hey, at least I followed the law! grumble, grumble

Back