DNP Protocol critique, risks, and Peripheral Neuropathy prevention

You cant pre-plan DNP dosing, you need to be flexible through out your run.
The idea should be to pick a low dose, 250mg, and run it for 7 days to see how you go.
Then, if you wish, you can increase the dose further.
I'm not a fan of doubling up to 500mg but I understand that depending on your source you may not have a choice in the matter. I prefer 125mg increases and always stick to the 2-6mg/kg guidelines (starting on the low side and working up IF needed).

The reason no one is answering your query on peripheral neuropathy is because, honestly, they don't have the answers/experience on the issue.
The problem with PN is that by the time you feel it happening, your already too late and it will get worse before it gets better.
High doses or long runs (the average length of onsent for PN was 10 weeks) tend to increase the risk and, obviously, any signs of PN and dnp should be discontinued immediately.
I should mention that it can take a very, very long time for PN to go away - years in some cases - but it will fix itself.

The main cause appears to be a random metabolite that that some people are unable to neutralize, resulting in build up in the peripheral tissues. Although the real mechanisms behind this are unknown.
Unfortunately, this means that their really isn't any sort of pre-emptive action you can take to prevent PN from happening. I vaguely recall some sort of anti-depressant being used against PN caused when treating cancer patients but I don't remember the success of this.

PN is actually more common than cataracts and completely ignored by those who look at the potential sides from dnp. The risk of cataracts is around 1% while PN can be around 10% (albeit in a smaller sample group of 170 obese patients).

You clearly have done some homework, which is refreshing, so I'm more than willing to address any other questions you may have :)

wow, thank you so much for a legit response and a wealth of info I was looking for! I had read in another post that PN was seen in doses as low as 250mg/day if taken for more than 10 DAYS... That's what has me so freaked out on the PN and going with such a low dose/short cycle. Was that person misinformed and thinking of weeks? and I completely agree with judging how my body reacts to an extent... I certainly won't go above 500mb/day regardless if I feel sides or not even after a week. I am even not wanting to do 500mg/day for more than one day at a time honestly.

I am not trying to drop an insane amount of fat and kill myself trying to obtain unrealistic expectations, more so just quickly chop off a few lbs. A lot of people are making assumptions as if I want to be 10% or less BF as a goal and should do DNP when I reach 15% when in reality I would much rather be 15% or so as an end goal. I much prefer the bear mode look to the shredded skinny look and I carry enough muscle to pull it off. I'll try and post before pics up in the next week or so when I get some time.

wow, thank you so much for a legit response and a wealth of info I was looking for! I had read in another post that PN was seen in doses as low as 250mg/day if taken for more than 10 DAYS... That's what has me so freaked out on the PN and going with such a low dose/short cycle. Was that person misinformed and thinking of weeks? and I completely agree with judging how my body reacts to an extent... I certainly won't go above 500mb/day regardless if I feel sides or not even after a week. I am even not wanting to do 500mg/day for more than one day at a time honestly.

No, there are cases of the symptoms of PN appearing after just 10 days - its just that the studies in general show a trend towards higher risk on longer/higher dosing.
The point I want to emphasis is that there are no pre-emptive measures you can take to prevent PN from dnp - your either genetically predisposed to it or not.
All the "sugar flunctations" stuff is nonsense.

You have the right ides about low dosing, the idiots who run "inferno" cycles with crazy high dose/short term use are the ones who are dropping dead all over the place.

As for the thyroid stuff, t3 isn't needed for any short term runs on dnp.
DNP doesn't effect TSH (your thyroid's ability to produce t3/t4) but it will downregulate t3/t4 levels (as any sort of deficit does by the way).
This downregulation will not effect fat loss whatsoever and, unless you have access to regular bloodwork, supplementing with t3 for the sake of it is usually a recipe for muscle loss when on dnp.
The only exception to all this is really long dnp cycles (12 weeks+), which I don't recommend anyway.

The point I want to emphasis is that there are no pre-emptive measures you can take to prevent PN from dnp - your either genetically predisposed to it or not.
All the "sugar flunctations" stuff is nonsense.

You have the right ides about low dosing, the idiots who run "inferno" cycles with crazy high dose/short term use are the ones who are dropping dead all over the place.

As for the thyroid stuff, t3 isn't needed for any short term runs on dnp.

Agree to disagree on the sugar point... Diabetes is the #1 cause of PN. If you don't stay on top of your insulin, you WILL get PN with diabetes. I'm not saying it is the cause with DNP use, but it certainly is something to monitor IMO. I will definitely be testing my levels through cycle and before just to see what happens, maybe I'm wrong but it can't hurt...

So assuming sides aren't bad and I CAN handle the cycle I put up, do you think it's a more conservative route starting the first half on 250 and then doing 500 every 3rd day to not over do the build up in system? Is 14 days considered "short" enough to not worry about taking t3? I agree that I would prefer to not melt my muscles if it's not needed... Should I maybe take t3 for the last 4 days or something?

Agree to disagree on the sugar point... Diabetes is the #1 cause of PN. If you don't stay on top of your insulin, you WILL get PN with diabetes. I'm not saying it is the cause with DNP use, but it certainly is something to monitor IMO. I will definitely be testing my levels through cycle and before just to see what happens, maybe I'm wrong but it can't hurt...

So assuming sides aren't bad and I CAN handle the cycle I put up, do you think it's a more conservative route starting the first half on 250 and then doing 500 every 3rd day to not over do the build up in system? Is 14 days considered "short" enough to not worry about taking t3? I agree that I would prefer to not melt my muscles if it's not needed... Should I maybe take t3 for the last 4 days or something?

My "sugar flunctations is nonsense" comment refers to why DNP causes PN. You can control your blood sugar all you want, DNP can/has/will cause PN regardless.

2 weeks at 250mg is fine, you will get great results with this approach (25% estimated metabolism increase) and don't really need to go to 500mg at all.
And yes, you don't need the t3 for a 2 week run.

2 weeks at 250mg is fine, you will get great results with this approach (25% estimated metabolism increase) and don't really need to go to 500mg at all.
And yes, you don't need the t3 for a 2 week run.

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback and that's likely similar to what I'll do. I might slip a day or two in there at 500 just to see how I deal towards the end though.

Back