do you actually.

69camel69

Hi all,

I have been bodybuilding for 5 years. working out is easy, eating right is hard, same for everyone. It has taken me years to adjust to the lifestyle and to slowly ween myself off food with low nutritional value. I have been eating what I consider to be conducive to my goals for about a year. Even so I have 2 cheat meals a week and chocolate on sunday. I always see people put these meal plans on forums with half a cup of oats here and grams of berries and cottage cheese there etc. I am just curious to see how many people honestly actually stick to these and for how long or are they intended as a guideline or to be optimal without the expectation of always achieving them. As I say I can only do it with 2 cheat meals and after years of graduating into it. I only ask to see if I have lower discipline than others and perhaps need even more focus but I already invest a lot of myself into the lifestyle.

when I commit to a diet I stick to it 100%. But I have also seen the benefits of doing this. Those that are not that great at sticking to diets, as you described as yourself, haven't stuck to a diet long enough and strict enough to see exactly how incredible a good diet can be. When you know how amazing the results can be through being disciplined, organized, and calculated, there is no appeal to sway from a diet.

If I were you, I'd research diets or hit up our diet guy 3J at 3jdiet@gmail.com when you have at least 2 solid months where you can completely commit to the diet. Once you see the results I think you'll feel it is easy to stick to diets.

Tbone is right!

Just depends how bad you want it! Every fucking morning I eat cottage cheese and oats. Every fucking day I eat, sweeties, fish, beef, chicken, eggs, cottage cheese, turkey...

I'll eat what it takes to fucking get, what I want!

Each season when I do my bulk or cut, I made a few meal plan days (days where each meal is layed out). So in the end I have 3-4 meal plans for that week I go off of. Do I always stick to it? Naw but that doesnt mean I don't each something else clean from my other meal plans. For instance every Mon/Thursday I eat chicken and 1 serving pasta for breakfast. This morning is Monday and decided to eat 2 servings of oatmeal and chicken, which is my Tues/Thurs breakfast.

Dieting is one of the toughest things out there. I did a show diet and after doing that, it freaking killed me. Had no desire to do a strict diet like that again. To me, the idea is to make it a lifestyle change. Back in the day, I used to drink a diet coke every single day. Then it turned in to 2-3 per day. I slowly had to get myself off of them. It's been a long time since I have had one and when I go out to eat at a restaurant, I try to get a healthy option. Just have to look at it as a new way of living. Super strict diets for a lot of people make them bounce back to junk food really quick so I believe in slowly changing the diet, etc is the best way to go for me. I have known some guys like Dialtone that can hop on a diet and stick with it but the reality of it is that 90% of the people out there cannot stick on a diet. As suggested, I would definitely get with 3J. He could tailor you a custom diet and you would be amazed at the results.

I got an 8 week plan for 3j and I'm sticking to it hardcore because if I pay for a plan I want to go through with it. Plus in just my first week I lost 2" off my belly !! I was at 19% BF 205lb my goal is 13-14% BF at 210lb so another 7 weeks to go with bland food. I still plan on sticking with a clean diet afterwards now that I know how to eat better. I found it easy to weigh all protein etc and keep them separated so its easier to fix up the meal

The easiest way I find to stay on track is to cook a weeks worth of meals in advance, put in tupperware in the fridge. That way everytime your opening the fridge you know exactly what your there to get and not browsing to see what is in the fridge..

I have been portioning mine with a scale and putting in ziplocs on Sunday for the week. Got a diet plan from 3J. By doing this I know to grab a bag of veggies, a carb and a protein. I usually cook protein twice a week as it goes real fast.

Back