Does it make any sense?

NeXus

My goal as you might have read is to gain about 10Ibs in say 3-5 months. My bodyweight will then be 213Ibs, I´ve planned to go by a 40/40/20.
40% protein
40% carbs
20% fat

Which in my calculation should lead me to digest;
300 gr Protein
300 gr Carbs
66 gr Fat

And according to this formula;
BW x 2,2 x 14 = daily calorie intake. My daily calorie intake should land on 2987 calories...I think it sounds too low, but I guess the low fat intake makes it that.
Do you think the calorie intake is too low? What about the fat?
Opinions?
Advices?

I better might add my job isn´t that heavy and I don´t work long hours, I´m one of those who sit on my butt all day at work but likes to be outside as much as possible when not working. So, the more fat I get my hands on the worse... ....that´s why I´ve chosen the low fat "diet".

C´mon give me a hand here...

the macronutrient ratios look perfect!
do you know how much your average daily calorie intake is now?
perhaps take a week to write down and calculate it all out. if you have stayed the same weight, divide that by 7. that will give you your average maintenace level of calories. From there slowly add in 250 calories or so each day, in weekly additions until you starting gaining. You dont want to starting plugging in a ton of carlories all at once....this can lead to nasty fat gains.
good luck!

i would also cut down your carbs and up your protein. its the protein that builds your muscles. even during a bulking cycle i keep my carbs to a med intake. plus acording to my workout as to how high they are for that day. a non workout day will be less carbs then say a legg day.

Back