Does juice fasting cause muscle loss

j-lor

Thinking about going on a juice fast and whey protien for about a month or two but don't want to lose muscle. Thanks for any advice

you mean juice as in the kind you can buy at the store right? not aas?

and your diet is going to consist of juice and whey protein only?

Saw fat sick and nearly dead documentary. The guy lost 78lbs in 52 days.

I've read some studies somewhere that concluded that the rate at which you lose weight doesn't really matter when sparing muscle. It concluded that the leaner you get the more muscle you lose, and that it isn't based on how fast the weight is lost per say. Regardless, I figure it'd be pretty damn hard to preserve all of your muscle if you're only drinking whey and juice. Probably a lot of the weight that the guy lost was muscle- a pound of muscle contains far less calories than a pound of muscle.

I have no ideal never ever checked. Im 5'8 195LBs for my height my ideal weight is 180lb to 184 of lean muscle.

Well what would you guestimate your bf is? Unless you're SEVERELY overweight then I would not advice the juice fast. You should stick to a good diet + sprints (Yes, sprints are MUCH better than long, boring cardio. There are plenty of studies to prove it's a better bang for your buck- Less time & more results)

Sorry to go a bit off topic but i really dont understand quick fix diets...

The way you look is dependant on the way you live, sure you can use a booster to get you started but in the long term NOTHING will give you better results than a solid diet and discipline. No one ( regardless of how much gear they use) will have a proper shape without a proper workout program combined with a solid diet and most of all the determination to see it thru long term (ie- 2+ years before you see real results).

If you want to drop wieight and keep it off, see a dietician and do research or see a personal trainer.

This just sounds like a recipe for disaster. I've never really bought into the whole detoxing by juice fasting thing. Scares me too much too try.

i agree....if you are overweight you can simply just start eating healthier foods and start working out to melt off weight fast

i quit working out for about 4 1/2 years and done nothing but eat junk and smoke weed everday....i have been working out for about 3 months now and have shed close to 30 pounds....and this is without a strict diet what so ever

all i did was eat healthier foods, somewhat moniter calories and keep my carbs down to a reasonable level...this works great if you are way overweight

now though i am down to around 214 and need to switch to a different diet as i have started to stall out on the weight loss somewhat

bottom line: quick fix diets are pointless....losing weight and keeping it off requires a serious lifestyle change and busting your ass in the gym

Sorry to go a bit off topic but i really dont understand quick fix diets...

The way you look is dependant on the way you live, sure you can use a booster to get you started but in the long term NOTHING will give you better results than a solid diet and discipline. No one ( regardless of how much gear they use) will have a proper shape without a proper workout program combined with a solid diet and most of all the determination to see it thru long term (ie- 2+ years before you see real results).

If you want to drop wieight and keep it off, see a dietician and do research or see a personal trainer.

solid comment....but i will say this....most personal trainers i have encountered are retards aside from a few....but hey i am in a shit place for gyms....all of the personal trainers that i respect around where i live all work in the same gym

i have worked out in a few different gyms for school/work reasons (proximity to home) and i must say i have met some full blown idiots....the last personal trainer i encountered came up to me in the middle of a squat set trying to tell me i was going to "fuck my knees up because i was squatting below parallel with such heavy weight" (i was doing warm ups with 135 lmao)

so if you talk to a personal trainer don't blindly follow them....do your best to research the advice you get to make sure you don't have a dumbass training you because THEY ARE OUT THERE....not every dude that is in good shape is smart enough to help somebody either

I've read some studies somewhere that concluded that the rate at which you lose weight doesn't really matter when sparing muscle. It concluded that the leaner you get the more muscle you lose, and that it isn't based on how fast the weight is lost per say. Regardless, I figure it'd be pretty damn hard to preserve all of your muscle if you're only drinking whey and juice. Probably a lot of the weight that the guy lost was muscle- a pound of muscle contains far less calories than a pound of muscle.

sounds interesting, got a link to this study? just read the other study you posted and enjoyed that, would like to read about this if you can find it again

Err... What?

Back