Drain the fat off Mince.

Drako

Its somthing I do without thinking about, and theres a fair amout that comes out of it even if its lean but how many of you do?

Its somthing I do without thinking about, and theres a fair amout that comes out of it even if its lean but how many of you do?

It's a must mate in my book, I eat lean steak mince every other day and the shite that comes out of it makes me sick just looking at it...

Mince meat is UK term for ground beef right???...lol. Yes, I always drain.

cook it in water the night before you want it, let ig go cold with enough water over it then in the morning skim the fat off. done it like this for years, tastes a lot better! helps aswell if you buy lean steak mince.

cook it in water the night before you want it, let ig go cold with enough water over it then in the morning skim the fat off. done it like this for years, tastes a lot better! helps aswell if you buy lean steak mince.

Ahh theres an idea. Might give that a shot.

I always cook the mince then wash the meat under boiling hot water for about 5 minutes or until the water coming off is perfectly clear. So long as you cook it in some beef stock or flavour the meat somehow it doesn't taste too bad.

I add an onion boil it add some brown rice alittle of franks red hot sauce and its good to go.It works wonders.You can even get some ground turkey add it to the boil and your off to the raises.Every 100grams of lean beaf gives you 200 cals and 20grams of protien you cant beat it.Add a little tuna and its the best.I cant find anything better my self.

Back